This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gap insurance.. Yes or No?

Well I pick my car up brand new VXR up on Thursday (All going to plan) and I have been asked the question about Gap insurance again...

My dealers price is £295 for 3 years.

I just can't decide if I should or not... The total value of my car is just over £20K.. Is it worth it?

Does anyone else have it?

Cheeers

If I don't get GAP insurance, the other option is a tracker.. But like people say, if somone nicked my car, I don't really think I would want it back in a hurry!!

Cheers

Pete

YES

Comment

Yes it's a good idea. Worth paying just for that extra peace of mind :wink:

Comment

I am still thinking about it.

Have a look online. There are companies out there much cheaper for the save coverage then Vx's cover.

Comment

I think so,we got it for our Tigra,my Father in Law was a Vauxhall salesman for 40 years and he said he is getting it when he buys his car soon
          sigpic
          More than 34,900 viewings and counting
          Click Here to.................
          See My Wheels
          See My Wife's EX Wheels now Sold

Comment

Yes chap, go for it some insurers offer it for your first year with them as a customer, but £300 for 3 yrs there's no reason not to!

Comment

thats a yes from me too i have it.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

gap insurance is well worth having
                everyone knows how bad my luck is

Comment

im sure i read the max payout was £15k on the policy i looked at so thought that's a bit pointless when the car is worth £20k...

Comment

No at the end of the day you will never get what the car is actually worth back if it gets nicked !! and also the guy that is selling you the car will push you to take it out as he will make more money.

Comment

Originally posted by VXR - xtc
                      im sure i read the max payout was £15k on the policy i looked at so thought that's a bit pointless when the car is worth £20k...
                      Max payout of the GAP policy is £15k but on a new car worth say £20k it's well worthwhile, the way GAP Ins works is:

Car is stolen at 2 weeks old, your own car insurance company offer current market value, which would be say £18k, so then GAP step in and pay the extra £2k to allow you to replace your stolen car with the same car new from a dealer.
                      Well worth having GAP cover unless your own car insurance will replace like for like, my own car insurance is like for like in first 2 years so GAP of no major benefit to me, but to some for £300 it's well worth having just in case the worst should happen

Comment

DO IT................................

Comment

Just make sure you're getting replacement Gap for that price as invoice price Gap insurance is much cheaper elsewhere, quotes I've had today are;

Replacement GAP = £289.04
                          Invoice Gap = £243.85

These were cover for 3 years £15,000 limit .

I took out replacement Gap when I had my VXR over a year ago, car cost £22,000 approx, value today £15,000-£16000 so in my eyes well worth it as I don't think my insurance would give me anywhere near the £22K.

click here for quotes

Comment

Originally posted by Robbieben
                            Max payout of the GAP policy is £15k but on a new car worth say £20k it's well worthwhile, the way GAP Ins works is:

Car is stolen at 2 weeks old, your own car insurance company offer current market value, which would be say £18k, so then GAP step in and pay the extra £2k to allow you to replace your stolen car with the same car new from a dealer.
                            now i get it... sorry for the really dumb statement....

Comment

YES... you gotta have it.. i have and peace of mind is the result.

Comment

Working...
                              X