This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel vibration

recently changed from 19's to new 18's. wheels came balanced but when i get to around 70mph there is quite a bit of vibration through the steering wheel. any ideas what this could be?

i would get them re-balanced mate, thats the first port of call.

Comment

Originally posted by colinm2 View Post
      recently changed from 19's to new 18's. wheels came balanced but when i get to around 70mph there is quite a bit of vibration through the steering wheel. any ideas what this could be?
      Are the genuine vxr/vx alloys?

Comment

no mate they are wolfrace wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by colinm2 View Post
          no mate they are wolfrace wheels.
          Probibly need spiggot centres, see if you jack the car up and losen off the wheels studs, just crack them so there are hand tight and spin the wheel that will help centre it on the bolts and then spin ad tighten then and do the opposites all the time to get the wheel as centres as possible.

Its just a suggestion as i had this problem with a set of wheels and swapped the wheels on to three different cars and that was always the cure as i couldnt get spiggot centres, most alloy wheel places sell spiggot centres but you need to know the hub size and inside size of the allot and the spiggot takes up the slack to prvide a tight fit.

Hope that helps mate.

Comment

wheel nuts could be loose!!!
            my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Working...
            X