X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITG question?

hi all

hope u all had a good xmas n hopefully a good new year!

just got a quick question, had my car put back to standard the other day, so the maps are off and the exhaust is off! but i left the itg filter in and i have never driven it without the exhaust when the filter has been in, so when i came to drive it, it sounds really different to when i originally got it when it was bog standard with the paper filter. sounds like i have a dump valve, well not tht loud but there is a deffinate wooooosh from within the engine, does the ITG produce this noise? or is it a pipe blown off etc?

Help appreciated

Brett

Originally posted by VXRBrett View Post
    hi all

hope u all had a good xmas n hopefully a good new year!

just got a quick question, had my car put back to standard the other day, so the maps are off and the exhaust is off! but i left the itg filter in and i have never driven it without the exhaust when the filter has been in, so when i came to drive it, it sounds really different to when i originally got it when it was bog standard with the paper filter. sounds like i have a dump valve, well not tht loud but there is a deffinate wooooosh from within the engine, does the ITG produce this noise? or is it a pipe blown off etc?

Help appreciated

Brett
    Yes mate perfectly normal, well it is on my corsa. You can also hear the turbo spooling up too. Mine is standard apart from the ITG panel filter too.

Hope this helps you out?

Mark
    sigpic

Comment

Yep, ITG will make the turbo sound louder, nowt wrong there.. i can occasionally hear mine over my remus lol
      #ImKindOfABigThingAroundHere
      #IHaveManyLeatherBoundBooks

Comment

Is this the same with the Courtenay panel filter?
        ..:: Cheers, Stu ::..

Comment

Originally posted by duckson View Post
          Is this the same with the Courtenay panel filter?
          Sorry mate I couldn't comment on that as I have only just bought the VXR brand new and only just put the ITG on.
          sigpic

Comment

had my car put back to standard the other day, so the maps are off and the exhaust is off!
            Was it the worry that Elephant didn't know about the mods Brett? After all that time getting the Milltek to fit right! Are you going to wait a while then get the mods put back on then?

Comment

noooo lol i ended up telling elephant was all obove board! but sold my milltek to a m8 ready for the new 3" miltek from thorney, so i couldnt put the stage 2 map on due to no milltek and also fancied driving it standard lol

Comment

noooo lol i ended up telling elephant was all obove board! but sold my milltek to a m8 ready for the new 3" miltek from thorney, so i couldnt put the stage 2 map on due to no milltek and also fancied driving it standard lol
                You'll get that buzz again when the new bits are fitted if you leave it standard for a bit.

Comment

The design of the ITG gives a better airflow over a standard paper filter which will usually give you louder induction noises and a quicker turbo spool up
                  sigpic

Comment

gettin percys cdti box soon in jan, aswell as the 3" milltek sooooo its all good!

Comment

just bought an ITG filter of a boy on ya! they any good ome1 said not to get a D.V till i heard just the filter?
                      sigpic

Black Corsa VXR >> ITG Panel Filter >> 18" Alloys >> Full Leather >> Cruise Control >> Sat-Nav >> AFL >> Xenon Lights

Next MOD >> Thorney Motorsport Stage 1

Comment

Best to check that the small pipe aint blown off sat the back as well, as i had the whooshing, turbo spooling noise when i had my ITG filter and thort it was normal but checked the pip anyway and it was hanging off, so re-attached and the whooshing has gone now.
                        Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Comment

Working...
                        X