X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• connecting sub to OE headunit

Sorry if this has been covered before but bin wanting to do this for ages

can u do it? read before that people have brought a wiring harness from a member on AOC but hate posting on there as everything i post gets moved all over the place...usually in somewhere that no1 ever posts threads in!!

so anyone done it...
    Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

astra ???if so yes did it over a year ago ran a amp and sub had a rca covertor <still have it in the loft> and power switch from the heater worked fine only removed as i had a kenwood sat nav
    WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

Originally posted by paulk View Post
      astra ???if so yes did it over a year ago ran a amp and sub had a rca covertor <still have it in the loft> and power switch from the heater worked fine only removed as i had a kenwood sat nav
      u still got all the stuff? was it any good, could the standard system still kick out enough power?

Comment

the only things is it makes a weird noise when the turbo is in for some reason and also when u start it up it then goes boom boom boom like that

on my mates 1.9cdti it did anyway
        Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
        Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

yours does my didnt......un lucky

Comment

So what stuff do i need to do it? got any links/info

Comment

Originally posted by dtox View Post
              the only things is it makes a weird noise when the turbo is in for some reason and also when u start it up it then goes boom boom boom like that

thats sometimes down to a bad earth pal.

Comment

the 'boom boom boom' you talk of detox, is the same as mine at the moment. Your mate, just needs to understand why its happening and its an easy fix.

I havent got round to doing mine yet, but itll take 2 min tops to sort it out

and ive got slight interference from the power steering pump, but not the turbo ?
                Whats next?!?!?

Comment

depends which hes wired the swich into some can cause problems

Comment

Originally posted by dtox View Post

One of my mates spent all day fitting his install as neatly as possible only to turn it on and get interfearance from the altenator.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VXRSi View Post
                      One of my mates spent all day fitting his install as neatly as possible only to turn it on and get interfearance from the altenator.
                      Ha in my early modding days i had this in my nova so begun to rewire and after hours of badlanguage and cups of tea i switched it on only to blow the whole lot! Haha hence i never went near wiring again! Auto sparky for me...

Comment

The boom boom when you turn on/off car is because there is no thump protector in the amp for the sub. In other words there is no capacitor in the 12v power on the sub or amp.

I also get noise from the power steering when turning the steering. I just cant get rid of it. I have taken + from battery and - from the ground terminal bolt by the passenger door under the plastic cowling for my sub, but no luck I tried to find a negative point in the boot, but couldn't find any points.

Any ideas?
                        sigpic
                        Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

Comment

its never goin to be perfect the odd boom etc on turning on and off as the canbus works in strange ways but you shouldnt get noise when turning the wheel etc check your earths make sure there good and shiney drop some vasalene on them after

Comment

Originally posted by W4GCN View Post
                            Ha in my early modding days i had this in my nova so begun to rewire and after hours of badlanguage and cups of tea i switched it on only to blow the whole lot! Haha hence i never went near wiring again! Auto sparky for me...

I used to get electronics when i did it at school but i've forgoten most of it now! There's so much to it!
                            sigpic

Comment

I have placed the earth/negative lead in between 2 other earth binding posts that was there on the car as standard. If I didn't get good earth, then the other 2 cables wouldn't, or wouldn't I notice. Their 2 brown wires going behind the dash somewhere, but god knows where!

It doesn't really bother me as I have learnt to live with it, but would be really nice to sort it.

I did have alternator noises when I first installed the sub, but found out I had a earth loop between the Alpine and the amp on the RCA lead, so I placed to insulating tape on the Alpine earth terminal where the RCA cable went to, and sorted that.

So I'm getting there slowly!
                              sigpic
                              Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

Comment

Working...
                              X