This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new regal hybrid turbocharger

on their site anyone had a peak yet, regal seem to be the only ones doin an uprated turbo at the moment, a garret and this new one.
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Is it a Garret Turbo?

Comment

dunno mate, why are garret the best?

Comment

Originally posted by corsasrisilver
        dunno mate, why are garret the best?
        garret are great x i'd have one on mine in a heartbeat! x

Comment

i binned the kkk off on my calibra turbo engine and fitted a garret t34. it had a bit more lag simply because of the increase in size but it held large amounts of boost at any rev range.

only needed though in excess of 300 brake when the oe turbo cant keep up
          stage 2 vxr

[email protected]

Comment

Regal have taen i slightly different step to tuning the VXR and added a turbo early, all their stage upgrades are different compared to the other tuners.

Stage 4 is in developement by most of the other tuners now such as TMS, courtneys and VXRPC, this will incorprrate a uprated, larger Turbo and cams etc etc
            sigpic
            My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

nice one thought that was the case yeah i agree mate, cant wait top see courts turbo and cams. when you say cams do you think it will prob just be an inlet cam

Comment

It may well be, not sure what route they will take.

I heard that TMS are going to be doing headwork and cams, Turbo, Lower FMIC, new software etc etc
                sigpic
                My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

oh rite, thing its seems all very well but with new turbo and cams wat gonna be looking at say 320 bhp surely there is gonna be a point when its gonna get uncontrolable though

Comment

oh rite, thing its seems all very well but with new turbo and cams wat gonna be looking at say 320 bhp surely there is gonna be a point when its gonna get uncontrolable though
                    yeah there will be x personally i think it'll be fine to 340 on handling but after that its just not worth it unless your willing to put in the money to have 4wd or something x
                    i do have to say tho, with good suspension and the ARB i have no trouble getting 300ish down xx

Comment

so for stage 4 you reccomend rarb and full coilover kit then should be fine

Comment

so for stage 4 you reccomend rarb and full coilover kit then should be fine
                        for stage 3 definately - when i'm on stage 4 i'll let you know x wont be long tho lol x

Comment

Lou you seeling your car any time soon :wink:

Comment

How much are these RARB's?

Comment

Originally posted by Adski
                              How much are these RARB's?
                              erm, i'm gonna get a list of all prices from VXRPC cos i never remember when ppl ask :? lol x must be the blonde bits kicking in

and no i'm not planning on selling my car babe sorry lol xxx there's more work to be done yet xx

Comment

Working...
                              X