This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anyone help

a freind of mine bought a june 08 reg corsa just before xmas. it was a private sale, it was advertised in auto-trader, when he got it home he saw that the display in the centre of the speedo/rev counter was a little wonky so he booked it in to the local vauxhall dealer. so on xmas eve he dropped it off and went to work only to get a phone call later to say that the car was a cat d and that there is finace outstanding on it( he payed cash for it). we call to see the fella that he got the car off who said becuse he is not a car dealer it was are problem for not checking. we did a check before we went to get the car but nothing came up. can anyone help

dosnt sound good mate, hope yas get it sorted

sigpic

Comment

Where did you check with before you bought it?? they should cover you for telling you false info am sure, because they got it wrong if they told you car was ok when its not
      sigpic
      Astra VXR,Focus ST,Astra VXR Burg 326,Focus RS,Bmw 3 Series Convertible
      And now have an
      Astra GTC VXR in Arden Blue
      Aero kit, AFL premium forward lighting, Sat nav, Dark rear tinted windows, Electric folding mirrors and Rear parking sensors

Comment

pm me the reg and ill check it and tell you what to do pal

Comment

Originally posted by ArdenBlueBrian View Post
          Where did you check with before you bought it?? they should cover you for telling you false info am sure, because they got it wrong if they told you car was ok when its not

It is their fault for giving false information. This is the second time in 3 days i've heard of something similar. The accident was obviously correctly reported for Vaux to know it was a Cat D.
          sigpic

Comment

yeah as long as you used a company that is well heard off, you should be covered for anythin like this, all companies will preotect you if they get the information wrong

thanks

##WWW.REVITUPUK.COM, We buy cars for cash, finance packages available & accept all major debit & credit cards & OUR NEW SERVICE DETAILING PACKAGES##

Comment

Originally posted by vxfarney View Post
              . it was a private sale,
              unfortunately your friend is screwed then

Private sale is sold as seen. Your friend didnt do the proper checks, and now has a lemon with zero comeback

Private Car Sales come under the legal term Caveat Emtor

Comment

ill up date this,the hpi was done via the mobile text service so you are f o o k e d there pal also the person selling the car i think is a trader posing as a private seller and if he is then happy days

Comment

problem is, if there is finance outstanding, it wasnt the perons car to sell in the first place.

It still remains property of the finance company until the finance is settled. So this guy has several thousands pounds of your cash and has made it obvious he's not going to give it back.

I suggest a call to citizens advice as to where you proceed from here if you suspect he's a trader posing as a private seller to dodge the law. What grounds are there to suspect he's a trader ?

Comment

Originally posted by hoggy a View Post
                    ill up date this,the hpi was done via the mobile text service so you are f o o k e d there pal also the person selling the car i think is a trader posing as a private seller and if he is then happy days
                    Shame it wasn't a reputable HPI check - they guarantee £9000 iirc don't they?

Let's hope he can be proved to be posing as a private seller

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by zletsgo View Post
                      Shame it wasn't a reputable HPI check - they guarantee £9000 iirc don't they?

Let's hope he can be proved to be posing as a private seller

Might be a case for him to take the car and find if this guy has a garage, I would also report him to trading standards, and the inland revenue

If the car has got finance on it, does the V5 have the name of the guy he purchased it off or someone else ?

If someone else that should have given your mate cause for concern

Comment

Working...
                      X