• Show
Clear All

• Knightroturbo
    replied
    Well with nearly 6000 miles I still get the oily smell

Leave a comment:

• zoomboy
    replied
    just another pointer on the same sort of subject, if you run you car using an atmospheric dump valve you will sometimes get a slight oil smell also. its just mist from the dumped air i think!?

Leave a comment:

• martinw
    replied
    Ive been told its a protective wax they spray to the underside of the car and parts of the engine, will all burn off after a few miles. mine did.

Leave a comment:

• HARLEQUIN
    replied
    THANKS! the way i'm going that'll be in 3years then ,400 miles in 3 months.Yet my mondeo 216,000 miles in 3 years.

Leave a comment:

• comms666
    replied
    Its something todo with the turbo but yes it will go after 3k

Leave a comment:

• regaltang
    replied
    hi
    Mine was the same the oil smell will go after 3000 miles. i keept checking the oil but it was not using a drop.

i found it only did if from cold and for the first 3 miles.

Leave a comment:

• HARLEQUIN
    started a topic Burning oil smell

Burning oil smell

Just a quicky,something i noticed today got a very strong smell of burning oil into the car and when i stopped and lifted bonnet i could smell it too.There no drips on the garage floor and i could'nt see any signs of leaks from anywhere under the bonnet.You would nearly say oil was dripping onto the exhaust manifold or something mega hot by the strong smell.Only done 400 miles but it definately was,nt a wax/anti corrosion (or what ever they spray underneath)type smell.
Working...
X