X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightmare

Went away visiting after Christmas.
    Stayed at hotel near Dartford Crossing in Kent.

Came out in the morning cleaned the frost off started, pulled up outside hotel entrance. Hopped out and put case in and drove to famililies house

IT WOULD NOT SWITCH OFF [keyless MY07]

It would not recognise my key at all no matter where I put it [where ARE you supposed to put it.]

Put my new spare battery in NO GOOD

SO stalled it and left it ON and UNLOCKED [still not responding on buttons or handle] got ready to ring AA or dealer

Went back a few minutes later OH GOD OFF and LOCKED !!! [HOW?]

Tried the key by pressing to open no good.

Opened door as normal it unlocked EVERTHING back to normal recognised key and started. Been fine since. Heart rate now normal. Language back to standard profanity levels!!

BRING BACK REAL KEYS CAN I CONVERT IT !!!!!!
    Safe Driving ! Andy

did you not try your emergency plastic key to turn it off (in the back of your fob) you just need to pull the plastic cover of the area where the ignition barrel should be on the steering column theres a temporary key ignition in there.....

Comment

Originally posted by DrG View Post
      did you not try your emergency plastic key to turn it off (in the back of your fob) you just need to pull the plastic cover of the area where the ignition barrel should be on the steering column theres a temporary key ignition in there.....
      YUP tried that . Under the the colummn cover is exactly what you said it looks like but the plastic key is far to big to fit in and it looks like a small blade scredriver slot.
      FINE but it does not turn just looks like a lump of plastic.
      Have I got something missin [no dont say!]

Could not find help in the manual either!
      Safe Driving ! Andy

Comment

That's a very strange thing mate, I'd get the dealers to give it a look over. The car should always turn off and lock even if the fob isn't present, you just can't open it or start it without the fob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan View Post
          That's a very strange thing mate, I'd get the dealers to give it a look over. The car should always turn off and lock even if the fob isn't present, you just can't open it or start it without the fob.
          Cheers Bryan. When I bought it I had a few probs with the fobs. Had a new set and been okay for 12 months.

Ill ring them later.

[My wifes MY06 Corsa LOCKED itself with the engine running on the dealers forecourt whilst in the charge of the Service manager.
          All he could say [and VXL TECH dept] was that cannot happen.
          I watched him and I did not know either.]
          Safe Driving ! Andy

Comment

Mine decided that the sytem wouldnt recognise the fob, and left mestanding in sainsburys trying to pull a door open. When it finally let me in, i went to vx, who replaced the batt.. no probs since
            #ImKindOfABigThingAroundHere
            #IHaveManyLeatherBoundBooks

Comment

my little plastic key seems too big as well.

Comment

Originally posted by crispi chris View Post
                my little plastic key seems too big as well.
                Spoke to the dealers. No one about that knows till 5th Jan.

Confirmed tho that if it all goes 'tights' up as it did its the AA or contact your local friendly dealer. There appears to be NO manual remedy if fob is not recognised after following guide in manual
                Safe Driving ! Andy

Comment

So Andy was it faulty towers that you stayed at

Sorry Andy
                  .Happy Days again

...............Herbie goes Vauxhall......................

Comment

or was it watery fouls?
                    #ImKindOfABigThingAroundHere
                    #IHaveManyLeatherBoundBooks

Comment

there is a known issue with the CIM and keyfobs,take it to your dealer and tell him,you should get a pair of new keyfobs to start with really,if it persists,a new CIM and keyfobs should be done.

speak to andygsi about it,as its a bit of a sore point with him!.
                      ...superior horsepower through knowledge,good design and maximum efficiency
                      version 1.0 a low boost 347bhp
                      version 2.0 a stock boost 356bhp.
                      coming next......280bhp of finest signum V6 derv power!.

Comment

DONT START ME OFF!!!!

time before I went home the car got screwed outside the house.

after that whilst waiting at the M20/25 junction [Brands Hatch on, queues] a biker took my nerside mirror off.

Then time before last gate swung open and out hit the wing an dented it. [I can see it wife cannot]

this time this fiasco.

HAPPY NEW YEAR ANDY
                        Safe Driving ! Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Poulton View Post
                          Spoke to the dealers. No one about that knows till 5th Jan.

Confirmed tho that if it all goes 'tights' up as it did its the AA or contact your local friendly dealer. There appears to be NO manual remedy if fob is not recognised after following guide in manual
                          thanx

Comment

My keyfob wouldnt work one day when i was up the town so i tried to lock the door with the key and the lock was seized solid and the key wouldnt turn, i bought the car at 2 year old and the locks had obviously not had any maintance spray of any kind so when the weather get better i am going to strip the locks and get them working again, so might be an idea for others with newer cars to as at there service to have the key barrels greased to keep them working for emergencies like whats happened in this thread.

Comment

I'M ALRIGHT HAD WD40 AFTER SHAVE FOR CHRISTMAS
                              Safe Driving ! Andy

Comment

Working...
                              X