Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyre pressure for long, fully loaded, run.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre pressure for long, fully loaded, run.

I'm off on an 800m round trip with a fully loaded car in a couple of hours...

Any recommendations for tyre pressures?

I normally run 35 all round but think I might increase to 36F and 38R for such a long laden run.

Thoughts?

what wheels you got on? ive got 18s on and mine are only pumped up to 29 ish, are mine too low??????

Comment

theres usually a board with your recommended tyre preasure beside they air pumps .

I just go by that , don't know if its correct or not

Comment

whoops - forgot to say i've riding on the 19"s

Theres plenty of discussion in the search that all points to 35 standard so I'm mainly interested in whether people would bump this up any for a 800m motorway ride with a full car?

Comment

i always keep my 19"s at 33psi
          VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
          http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

i can't help wonder if the official 35psi is too high - probably jacked up to improve fuel and CO2 scores for the brochures?

Comment

Check the book and see what it says for full load mate, a cant mind off the top of my head and its freezin or ad go check lol
              sigpic
              Astra VXR,Focus ST,Astra VXR Burg 326,Focus RS,Bmw 3 Series Convertible
              And now have an
              Astra GTC VXR in Arden Blue
              Aero kit, AFL premium forward lighting, Sat nav, Dark rear tinted windows, Electric folding mirrors and Rear parking sensors

Comment

The official is 35psi - but I can't find anything in there about fully loaded?

Comment

Originally posted by pernod View Post
                  The official is 35psi - but I can't find anything in there about fully loaded?
                  Hmm strange am not sure then mate soz, few more psi on the back and mabye put front to 36 ad say should be ok then
                  sigpic
                  Astra VXR,Focus ST,Astra VXR Burg 326,Focus RS,Bmw 3 Series Convertible
                  And now have an
                  Astra GTC VXR in Arden Blue
                  Aero kit, AFL premium forward lighting, Sat nav, Dark rear tinted windows, Electric folding mirrors and Rear parking sensors

Comment

Book says

35 front
                    36 rear
                    #ImKindOfABigThingAroundHere
                    #IHaveManyLeatherBoundBooks

Comment

Originally posted by havoc856 View Post
                      Book says

35 front
                      36 rear
                      Does that mean I'm just blind? - I really couldn't find it in the book :-/

Comment

Originally posted by pernod View Post
                        Does that mean I'm just blind? - I really couldn't find it in the book :-/
                        its just hidden

i know i spent a good 5 minutes at the service station looking through the book for mine.

Comment

i think if you have it high when you leave then as the heat in your tyres increases with the miles then the pressure will increase aswell so if anything maybe drop the pressure a little

Comment

mine 35 all corners wether fully loaded or not ,

Comment

35psi on the rears is too high (I know what the book says but this IMO is a typo).

Try resetting the rears to 32psi (staying at 35psi on the fronts) - the improvement in handling is dramatic (the rear is way too skittish with the tyres at that 35psi).

Much more even wear at 32psi as well.

Fully loaded I'd go to 35ps at the rear.

For those running less than 35psi on the fronts - try 35psi and experience a sharper turn-in and less understeer. Steering is much better at the recommended pressure.

All IMO of course.

Andy

Comment

Working...
                              X