This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buckled Alloy 19"

Had a new set of front tyres fitted yesterday, on the motorway on the way home had very noticeable vibration through the steering wheel.

Took it back thinking they hadn't balanced them but they had. They took it off, had another look and looks like the wheel's buckled.

So... is it best to replace the wheel for safety's sake or have a go at repairing it (I needed to get the alloys refurbed anyway)?

Cheers

dont think you can repair if its buckled mate.
    Tech2 Diagnostics
    Cruise control, Radio programming, Display Programming, Anti Hijack, Check Control In the West Midlands. PM for Info

sigpic

Comment

I had this on my Vec, 2 were buckled, the 19`s are soft as sh1te ! Anyhoo I put them on the back and had no issues , couldn`t notice it at all ..

Comment

I got at least one buckled in my 18s on my corsa... found it when I had a puncture repaired. Keep meaning to go back and get all of em checked out but with christmas and all... plus I dont feel anything wrong whilst driving.
        2008 - 2011 CORSA VXR - ARDEN BLUE - 18"
        2011 - 2014 Astra SRI CDTI [150] XP + 18"

2014 -------- Audi S1, Glacier White + Quattro Exterior + other stuff
        Originally posted by Flinty
        as with every old lady, you warm her up before letting her have it

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmartyn View Post
          dont think you can repair if its buckled mate.
          It can be repaired depending on the severity of the buckle
          sigpic
          Originally posted by soosie
          Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
          Originally posted by soosie
          Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Comment

as cerberus said depending on the severity they can be repaired! a lot of wheels get buckled without you noticing although you can start to feel them over a certain speed, so makes sense if you felt it after they had been balanced on the motorway!

Fully loaded flame red VXR! 19's,AFLs,IDS,rear sensors,bluetooth, cruise control,climate control,full leather,heated seats, sat nav,cooled glove box,de-badged,eibach sportlines,REMUS,insignia jets,oil restrictor,K&N filter,red fogs & boot strip,carbon window strips & door pillars, black front badge & rear diffuser,RARB,LSD,CS stage 2

Comment

Working...
            X