This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Window wiper removed

Seen this on done on a burg yesterday so thort i would give it a go......

Think it makes the back seem more smoother...
    Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

was it easy to do mate? you have 2 take the motor out etc?
    sigpic
    3 gauge conversions, Pillar pods

Comment

Originally posted by AddVXR View Post
      was it easy to do mate? you have 2 take the motor out etc?
      easier than i thort... remove all the backing of ur boot and there are 3/4 little nuts/bolts that hold the motor in undo them and the motor is free then remove the cap on the wiper there is a nut undo that and with a bit of tugging it drops out....u will need a 25mm grommet from B&Q tho and it takes some pushing to get it in

Comment

each to there own buddy but i like my wiper on back cant see sod all if i didnt have it on there
        Arden Racing Edition

Comment

looks much better now Tommo!! smoooooooth

Comment

on a long distance trip in **** weather you wont be able to see a thing out of it. i used to notice how much the rear window get covered in muck off the roads in bad weather when i used to drive back from germany, i used to have to constantly use the wiper and washer. wasn't as bad over the water but uk roads are really mucky.

each to there own tho.
            my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Originally posted by smokinvxr View Post
              looks much better now Tommo!! smoooooooth
              Ha.. was wondering then how the hell does he know my nickname....

Comment

being a lorry driver I don't have a rear window so I use the wing mirrors.......no probs plus I haven't had any probs seeing out mine and I've had it off for a year now....you just get used to it..

Comment

Originally posted by cannockvxr View Post
                  Ha.. was wondering then how the hell does he know my nickname....
                  spoooooky....

Comment

i was going to take mine off but the rear window does seem to get very dirty very quickly so have just ended up leaving it, does look good mind
                    VXR gone Audi A6 Avant - Le Mans in
                    http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/ PROUD TO BE A RUDE YORKSHIRE IDIOT SINCE 1981!

Comment

Just my opinion but I prefer the wiper on...looks strange without.

I love the rear diffuser in black though...looks great....where did you get it done?
                      Last edited by Ben Jk; 30 December 2008, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Jk View Post
                        Just my opinion but I prefer the wiper on...looks strange without.

I love the rear diffuder in black though...looks great....where did you get it done?
                        i brought it off scotty B when he was selling his car but any good bodyshop could spray it for you

Comment

heres mine....

Comment

I think it looks well smart, ..but from a visibility point of view, don't think I'd do it to mine, but have to say your car looks great, especially with the black diffuser, etc. Nice job!
                            sigpic
                            Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

Originally posted by cannockvxr View Post
                              i brought it off scotty B when he was selling his car but any good bodyshop could spray it for you
                              Does it seperate from the rest of the back bumper? So if I got a black VXR rear bumper I could just swap the diffuser over??

Comment

Working...
                              X