X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nurburgring trip.

hi guys

really want to take my vxr to the nurburgring next year for the weekend. just had a few questions to ask really and wondered if anyone can help?

1. roughly how much does it cost?

2. what do you do about insurance for the track?and do any of u take out brakedown cover for going abroad?

3. is there anything that i should be taking with me as spares? like a spare wheel, oil etc.??

4. are there any companies that organise weekends away to the ring?like hotel and track tickets?

thankyou

The Summer 2009 Nurburgring Trip

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NURBURGRING TRIP 2009

Hi guys,
    As its coming up to new year, i thought id put some dates down for a trip to the Nurburgring!
    The reason I'm posting so early on, is so that we can get a high volume of people going

For those of you who don't know about the Nurburgring, please click this link blow and it will give you all the information you need:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C3%BCrburgring

As for the Dates,
    We leave on the Euro tunnel (Friday) 26th June 2009, 08:00am
    The cost for a single ticket on the Euro tunnel will cost around £74

Accommodation link below:
    http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/where_to_stay.html

Hotels i advise to stay at are:
    Hotel An Der Nordschleife
    Hotel zur Burg
    Hotel Burgstube

Track opening times:

June
    1. Mo. 8.00–19.30 hr
    2. Tu. 17.15–19.30 hr
    3. Wed. 8.00–15.00 hr
    10. Wed. 17.15–19.30 hr
    13.Sa. 17.30–19.30 hr
    14. Su. 8.00–19.30 hr
    15. Mo. 17.15–19.30 hr
    16. Tu. 17.15–19.30 hr
    17. Wed. 17.15–19.30 hr
    18. Thu. 17.15–19.30 hr
    19. Fr. 14.15–19.30 hr
    20. Sa. 17.30–19.30 hr
    21. Su. 8.00–19.30 hr
    22. Mo. 17.15–19.30 hr
    23. Tu. 17.15–19.30 hr
    24.Wed. 17.15–19.30 hr
    25. Thu.15–19.30 hr
    27. Sa. 17.30–19.30 hr
    28. Su 8.00–19.30 hr
    29. Mo. 13.00–19.30 hr
    30. Tu. 17.15–19.30 hr

People who interested please put your name down with the vehicle your driving.

1, Streamline - VXR Astra
    2, Mikey buchan - VXR Astra

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by streamline; 9th December 2008 at 01:58 PM.

Comment

the original list if ne1 wants to join

1, Streamline - VXR Astra
      2, Mikey buchan - VXR Astra
      3, Hutch924 - Astra VXR Burg
      4, Brano_co - Corsa VXR/OPC (75%)
      5, Daleyboy - Astra VXR (99%)
      6, 2 hel - Astra VXR Burg
      7, PaperJams - Astra VXR with m8 in Z4
      8, vx dave - astra vxr (75%)
      9, VXRBrett - VXR Astra

Comment

unfortunatley im in florida on this date!!was thinking of going a couple of months later

Comment

Originally posted by lukejamiethompson View Post
          hi guys

really want to take my vxr to the nurburgring next year for the weekend. just had a few questions to ask really and wondered if anyone can help?

1. roughly how much does it cost?

2. what do you do about insurance for the track?and do any of u take out brakedown cover for going abroad?

3. is there anything that i should be taking with me as spares? like a spare wheel, oil etc.??

4. are there any companies that organise weekends away to the ring?like hotel and track tickets?

thankyou

Weekend will cost you about 5-600 quid, thats having a good time with track time as well. We were last there in Sept and ticket was 70euros for 4 laps

Insurance is up to you. You normal insurance more than likly wont cover you, you will need track insurance for the ring( think its about 3-400 quid for a weekend, Spoons can advise on this)

Take with you spare wheel small selection of hand tools (nothing major) get a decent tyre pressure gauge then the normal legal stuff for europe..... high vis vest, bulbs 1st aid kit (dont have them and your stopped you get a big fine m

The Green Hell Club is arranging another trip again around May/June time, be careful on dates as its a busy time for the ring, as yet the ring have not given clear track dates for normal users due to vln racing. It will show on the site that the track is clear to go on, but you dont want to book, turn up and find out a vln race is on that weekend, and you end up with about an hour on the sunday afternoon.

Last thing, just have fun, its not a race, enjoy the place, its fantastic, the vxr's were made for that place, but you dont want to kill it there , for your 1st time try and go with a group, people who have been before will show you how to enjoy it the most
          sigpic

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
            X