This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vxr practical? baby on the way

hi guys i have a baby on the way in june and wondered if the vxr is going to be practical or if i am going to have to change for something bigger.

do you peeps with children manage? suggestions on a post card pls

theres loads on here with baby`s and young kids and manage fine , if you find your struggling with the 2 door i`de say get a zaffy instead

Comment

I havent got kids, but my sister and her littleun get in quite alot, no problems at all tbh
      #ImKindOfABigThingAroundHere
      #IHaveManyLeatherBoundBooks

Comment

or a Veccy
        Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

oops , how could i forget about the veccy , thats hangovers for ya

Comment

I have 3 kids 4yr old and under and although it doesnt get used alot for kiddy transport (mrs 5 dr Focus is used for that) i do take one or two from time to time with no probs.
            Rear facing seat for the first 9 months can be the main pain though getting it past the folded seat, once in a forward facing seat after 9 months its really no problem at all.
            ..:: Cheers, Stu ::..

Comment

I have 3 kids and a dog and we all get along fine. The wife keeps going on about a five door but no chance!!

Comment

I have a 11 week old son and its a pain! Thinking of changing it for something a bit bigger, just dont know what for yet?

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehogharvey View Post
                  hi guys i have a baby on the way in june and wondered if the vxr is going to be practical or if i am going to have to change for something bigger.

do you peeps with children manage? suggestions on a post card pls
                  My mates selling his VXR as he has a 1 yr old lad and has found out it isn't practical
                  sigpic

Comment

I raised exactly the same question before i got mine.

We have a 3 year old and it is practical. Indeed i would say it is easy to use.

The only downside is a new born needs to go in the back due to airbags which is something i also raised afew weeks ago as we now have seconf who is 14 days old today.

Baby seats fit in fine dont worry.

Astra VXR SMD Conversion, a couple of window stickers, front VXR badge and someone stole my rear VX badge!!! TOTALLY PIMPED OUT

Comment

I sold my Astra because we had a baby, a real pain with 3 doors, bought a Veccy Vxr, didn`t get on with it !! Now have a Zaf Vxr and wonder how we managed without it, loadsa room, huuuuuge boot and no lip to lift the pram over, the rear doors don`t slope away so you don`t bash his head on the piller !!

Highly reccomend th zaf ..

Comment

ive got 2 kids age 2 and 6 and i manage fine with the astra

Comment

I had this dilemma about 6 months ago! We now have a 10 week old and its fine!

Pram fits in boot no probs (just don't get one of the huge ones!)

We haven't had any issues at all.

Comment

You can turn off the passenger airbags so you can put baby sit in front...
                            2008 - 2011 CORSA VXR - ARDEN BLUE - 18"
                            2011 - 2014 Astra SRI CDTI [150] XP + 18"

2014 -------- Audi S1, Glacier White + Quattro Exterior + other stuff
                            Originally posted by Flinty
                            as with every old lady, you warm her up before letting her have it

Comment

Thanks guys my next question would of been about the boot size and a pram but well have to get a small pram (needs must )

If not I would go down the zafira route. It would make life easier but i'd rather not have to find the extra cash in order to change at the moment

Comment

Working...
                              X