This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror

Got a scrape on the side of the wing mirror, and also a crack in the "mirror housing edge bit" as you can see...

Possible to get these bits seperately? Or is a new mirror involved?

Thanks

if your stuck i have a pair ill sell in arden heated electric non folding
    WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

Out of curiosity are the standard wingmirrors on VXR's, i.e. the ones that dont fold heated or not?

Comment

i have one if you need it

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
          Out of curiosity are the standard wingmirrors on VXR's, i.e. the ones that dont fold heated or not?
          their heated mate
          Tech2 Diagnostics
          Cruise control, Radio programming, Display Programming, Anti Hijack, Check Control In the West Midlands. PM for Info

sigpic

Comment

ive the same problem too mate was reversing into the drive , sort of have to park close to the house in order for me to get out with neighbours fence , well thought i was to close so went to go forward thought i was in first gear still in reverse took the wing mirror off well fold back round to the wing but scraped and cracked !!!!
            vauxhall astra vxr arden blue ,bluefin, stage 3 , k&n panel filter, full miltek unsilenced version, tms lower mount intercooler.

Comment

Originally posted by gooner View Post

Got a scrape on the side of the wing mirror, and also a crack in the "mirror housing edge bit" as you can see...

Possible to get these bits seperately? Or is a new mirror involved?

Thanks
              The bits that are damaged on yours are all part of the same component and will cost around £78 from the dealers. You get the mirror surround, chassis and the baseplate for that.

You'll need to fit your original motor, glass and coloured shell to it. If you can get that shell off without swearing you're doing better than me!
              sigpic

Comment

the shell is easy to remove if you wait untill you get the whole assy off the car, the mirror you need to take your time with, if you look at my how to fit folding mirrors you might find it a little help in doing this also you will need some torx bits the sizes can be found in my how to also

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmartyn View Post
                  their heated mate
                  Nice one, didnt think they were unless you had the folding mirrors

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
                    Nice one, didnt think they were unless you had the folding mirrors
                    The heating element in the mirrors is on whenever the heated rear window is on.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X