This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• curiousity

hi guys the site looks great just a quick curiousity question or two how is the fuel economy in real world useage and does the optional exhaust make much of a difference my vxr is due nid march and honestly cant wait

i have ranged anywhere between 23mpg when giving it a bit and start stop driving, mind you i live in central London, and recently a trip to Wales and back i found 33.1mpg and 360 miles a tank (sat on 75 in 6th on cc), so depending how heavy footed your are will depend on your fuel usage.
    The milltek exhaust, cat back system will not bring you really any performance gains but a nice note from the rear, full system will see you gain up to 15bhp, much improved throttle response and a very nice note from the rear :wink:

Comment

curiousity

Cheers wasnt sure it was not as if i was going to cancel my order still not sure what to do about the exhaust though

Comment

standard exhaust is still ok and sounds nice when giving it some

Comment

Have you looked at the Thorney Motorsport Milltek website - lots of videos with sound of the Astra VXR?
          http://www.millteksport.com/astra.vxr.cfm
          You could always wait until you have your car and see one on an astra VXR at a meet to help you decide?
          sigpic

Comment

curiousity

very good point at least then i will be able to see and hear it first hand i had already downloaded some of the sounds from the milltek website but i think you get a better idea if you can hear it in the flesh so to speak

Comment

Working...
            X