This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intercoolers

Hello everyone sorry to ask a silly question but i am trying to gather any info i can before my buying date in March for either an ST or the Astra VXR

If i do buy a VXR could i have lets say dreamscience stage 2 (is it called race+)? but keep the standard intercooler, if i can id like to keep the original intercooler

basically these are the mods id like to have

1) remus cat back exhaust
    2) decat pipe
    3) stage 2 remap
    4) K&N panel filter
    5) original intercooler

Would i be ok running the car reliably with the above mods?

Cheers to all

Yeah there would be no problem with that mate. I had my car tuned at tms and they do a 3 year/60,000 mile warranty on the work
    sigpic
    TMS Bluefin Stage 3, Lower mount intercooler, Remus, TMS Alcons, LSD, KW V3's, ITG Filter, Iridium Plugs, Blue SMD Conversion, AFL, Climate, Cruise, S&L, Bluetooth, CD70

www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by JKDVXR View Post
      Hello everyone sorry to ask a silly question but i am trying to gather any info i can before my buying date in March for either an ST or the Astra VXR

If i do buy a VXR could i have lets say dreamscience stage 2 (is it called race+)? but keep the standard intercooler, if i can id like to keep the original intercooler

basically these are the mods id like to have

1) remus cat back exhaust
      2) decat pipe
      3) stage 2 remap
      4) K&N panel filter
      5) original intercooler

Would i be ok running the car reliably with the above mods?

Cheers to all
      HI & wellcome,
      Yes mate similar set-up to mine, but I'd go for the full Remus if I where you.

Comment

Originally posted by VXRDean View Post
        HI & wellcome,
        Yes mate similar set-up to mine, but I'd go for the full Remus if I where you.
        The full remus is from the turbo back btw.

Comment

Thank you for your help... im going to book myself a test drive in a VXR, then i can decide what to do from there.

I cant wait until March though, thats when i'll have enough money to buy, mod and insure/tax etc.

Im going to check videos out on youtube now, and visit some of the vxr tuning company websites

Comment

Thank you for your help... im going to book myself a test drive in a VXR, then i can decide what to do from there.

I cant wait until March though, thats when i'll have enough money to buy, mod and insure/tax etc.

Im going to check videos out on youtube now, and visit some of the vxr tuning company websites
            Make sure you go for a test drive in a VXR that has a remus exhaust, you'll love it.

Comment

...or really treat yourself... to the power and noise of the 3" Milltek
              sigpic

Comment

Ill try and test drive one, i dont mind test driving a standard one, just as long as i can get a feel for how the turbo is delivered, the smoothness etc...

I've been checking out the tuning company sites and they look very good, regal looks very good, are they very popular with you guys?

Comment

Regal, TMS and Courtenay's seem the main tuners in the VXR world. Oh and DAP...
                  Last edited by duckson; 2 January 2009, 09:20 AM.
                  ..:: Cheers, Stu ::..

Comment

Originally posted by Insignia VXR View Post
                    ...or really treat yourself... to the power and noise of the 3" Milltek
                    Where can i see pics. of that exhaust and prize ?

Comment

Ill try and test drive one, i dont mind test driving a standard one, just as long as i can get a feel for how the turbo is delivered, the smoothness etc...

I've been checking out the tuning company sites and they look very good, regal looks very good, are they very popular with you guys?
                      I've bought bits from Courtenays, Regal, Thorney motorsport and have asked Dave from DAP numerous questions about work he does and i've nothing but praise for them all. All very helpful.

Comment

Working...
                      X