This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine management light

Had bit of a play this morning with another vxr but as i was driving my engine management light came on and the car went into limp mode. So went into vauxhall and they plugged tech2 into it and the code was a boost pressure sensor?? anybody had anything like this before? The car was warmed up by the time i started to give it some. Got them to clear the fault and it hasnt reappeared since and i have full power again
    sigpic
    TMS Bluefin Stage 3, Lower mount intercooler, Remus, TMS Alcons, LSD, KW V3's, ITG Filter, Iridium Plugs, Blue SMD Conversion, AFL, Climate, Cruise, S&L, Bluetooth, CD70

www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk

Originally posted by evertonian View Post
    Had bit of a play this morning with another vxr but as i was driving my engine management light came on and the car went into limp mode. So went into vauxhall and they plugged tech2 into it and the code was a boost pressure sensor?? anybody had anything like this before? The car was warmed up by the time i started to give it some. Got them to clear the fault and it hasnt reappeared since and i have full power again
    Ive had that but it was because i blew the boost hose off giving it boost, do you have a dump valve?

Comment

oh no thats what happend to myn went in 10 times i was ready to burn it
      WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

Originally posted by paulk View Post
        oh no thats what happend to myn went in 10 times i was ready to burn it
        Was the same!!

Comment

yes mate first 2 times vaux would only rreset it blamed the map...so i took it to another dealer the 3rd time they ordered a repair kit..went in fixed went again a week later went in again another repair kit.....then again they fitted a new unit then again another new unit........then they said take it to tms its there problem....so off i went they again changed it oh and stage 2 lol so now the problem has moved from second gear 5thousand rpm to 3rd gear 5thousand rpm....at this point i was ready to burn it......
          WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

nah i dont have a dump valve fitted. I did say to them could it be the pipes had come off. but it seems fine at the minute and i did give it some earlier and it was fine. as soon as it comes on again i will be back to vauxhall
            sigpic
            TMS Bluefin Stage 3, Lower mount intercooler, Remus, TMS Alcons, LSD, KW V3's, ITG Filter, Iridium Plugs, Blue SMD Conversion, AFL, Climate, Cruise, S&L, Bluetooth, CD70

www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk

Comment

think thats what went on my corsa

Comment

Originally posted by paulk View Post
                yes mate first 2 times vaux would only rreset it blamed the map...so i took it to another dealer the 3rd time they ordered a repair kit..went in fixed went again a week later went in again another repair kit.....then again they fitted a new unit then again another new unit........then they said take it to tms its there problem....so off i went they again changed it oh and stage 2 lol so now the problem has moved from second gear 5thousand rpm to 3rd gear 5thousand rpm....at this point i was ready to burn it......
                Is it burnt yet??

Comment

Think my car is having the same problems as your's, did the same thing i pulled over turned off car then back on and all was fine, i had a read on here and saw posts about mayb the plugs where faulty, checked and they seem ok. it hasnt done it since so ill wait and see

Comment

Do you have the remus exhaust mate? Av had the light come on and a put it down to fuel. if i just stick to v-power its fine and doesnt come on but if a put in bp-ult or tesco 99 it sumtimes comes on, lose no power tho just annoying that it comes on!

Comment

Working...
                    X