This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are VX Dealers useless?

Well took my VXR into the dealers before christmas as the cig lighter had packed in. A tech looked at the fuses etc and said he couldnt find out what was wrong by a quick check but suspected that the lighter unit itself was shot as i was still getting power to the 3 guage coversion which takes its power from the ignition power cable on the cig lighter.

So dropped it off at 8:30am today and got a nice 1.2 Corsa in return.

When i left the car i reset the trip computer but not the odometer. Got a call later and picked the car up. Turns out a fuse had gone. Then they charged me £20 for a fuse and labour!!!!!!!!!! however i got out of the £7 they charge for borrowing a car.

So, thought at least its working and went to my car and gave it a check over for any damage. The car when i left it was gleaming after a clean the day before and it was covered in muck. Sat in and flicked through the computer display to the trip and saw that it had done 3.5 miles. So got out and went to ask why it had done this milage and when i got out noticed my front alloy had been kerbed!!!!!!

Not a happy bunny. Got the manager out who explained the reason for driving it, i.e. testing the electrics whilst the car is being driven to make sure a fuse is blowing due to something happening whilst the car is being driven. He offered to get the car clean but said id rather do it thanks!

Then the manager got the guy out who took my car out and asked if he had caused the damage to the alloy, to which he replied "uuurrrrr, no, i would have told you if i had", yeah right. Then it dawned on me the guy was like 19 yrs old and had taken my car out and no doubt thrased it. In the end they have offered to repair the kerbed alloy and a few marks on the others free of charge so its not too bad i suppose.

But theres always something with dealers!

which dealer mate
    WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

Some dealers better than others unfortunately - shame about the kerbing

Astra

Comment

Wouldnt leave my burg with VX even if i had the choice between getting cat aids or a free grid girl with the service...

TMS is miles away, but ill be there for services and little problems i tend to try sort out myself

Not to mention the fact my local stealer are using the demonstrator burg as their own personal runabout.. Like the majority of demos i have seen come to think about it. One guy had his baby seat in the back and half eaten food on the carpets... Its ******* DISGUSTING THAT THEY TREAT PEOPLES CARS/FUTURE CARS LIKE THAT!!!

ooo it makes me maaaad
        Last edited by havoc856; 2 January 2009, 06:12 PM.
        #ImKindOfABigThingAroundHere
        #IHaveManyLeatherBoundBooks

Comment

Originally posted by paulk View Post
          which dealer mate
          Smith of Ilkeston.

The manager was sound. First thing he asked me was "what do you do for a living" so was no doubt trying to figure out if i was credable or not. So i flashed my warrant card which i think too him back abit.

Comment

i found nottingham arnold the best mansfield and cherterfield are total idiots
            WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
              Smith of Ilkeston.

The manager was sound. First thing he asked me was "what do you do for a living" so was no doubt trying to figure out if i was credable or not. So i flashed my warrant card which i think too him back abit.
              LOL - I bet the little tyke of a mechanic got a right ear bashing off him after you had gone

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by zletsgo View Post
                LOL - I bet the little tyke of a mechanic got a right ear bashing off him after you had gone
                Hope so, but he was about 6ft 4 so not so little....

Comment

Sorry to hear that mate, not nice! At least their sorting it for you

Gotta say, Cawdor VX in Carmarthen West Wales were pretty damn good when I took the VXR in for manifold recall. Highly recommended!
                  sigpic
                  Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
                    Hope so, but he was about 6ft 4 so not so little....
                    Gutted for you mate! Like the stern hand you showed them! Its so frustrating when that happens, best asking for one of the more mature techs.

i put mine in for a service before chrimbo there to the seat garage (cause i know them all) and the young apprentice came out and said "giz your keys im doing your service" i laughed at him and said your joking arent you and he said no so i said im sorry but your not touching my car and got the lead tech to do it, nothing against apprentices cause i was one one time but not the vxr.

Comment

Originally posted by W4GCN View Post
                      Gutted for you mate! Like the stern hand you showed them! Its so frustrating when that happens, best asking for one of the more mature techs.

i put mine in for a service before chrimbo there to the seat garage (cause i know them all) and the young apprentice came out and said "giz your keys im doing your service" i laughed at him and said your joking arent you and he said no so i said im sorry but your not touching my car and got the lead tech to do it, nothing against apprentices cause i was one one time but not the vxr.
                      Bannerman??....they seem like a good bunch..mate bought his car from them...always well looked after...better than Autovision
                      sigpicUse to have Astra VXR ST2(courtenay Sport ) 281bhp & 323lb/ft
                      Gotta L200 4x4 now....Mental
                      Who is up for a spot of Offroading

Comment

Originally posted by rams View Post
                        Bannerman??....they seem like a good bunch..mate bought his car from them...always well looked after...better than Autovision
                        Yeah thats the place, im always in there working on my own cars so know them all well but there straight up all round good guys and always do a good job of my stuff, thats where i got the astra for £9950 in july last year which was a good deal at the time.

Comment

Working...
                        X