This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F***king Insurance!!!

Just Rang Round For Quotes For Renewing My Insurance On My Astra & The Cheapest I Got Offered Was £739 Fully Comp With All Mods Declared!!!

I Took The Offer Cos I Got Fed Up With Being On The Phone For 2 Hours Again Today & Felt Like I Was Getting Nowhere Cos Everyone Else We're Getting Around The £800 Mark With Their Quotes

Even Though I've Took That Offer I Still Feel Like I've Been Right Royally F**ked Up The Back Passage By Them!!

Originally posted by Rich S View Post
    Just Rang Round For Quotes For Renewing My Insurance On My Astra & The Cheapest I Got Offered Was £739 Fully Comp With All Mods Declared!!!

I Took The Offer Cos I Got Fed Up With Being On The Phone For 2 Hours Again Today & Felt Like I Was Getting Nowhere Cos Everyone Else We're Getting Around The £800 Mark With Their Quotes

Still Feel Like I've Been Right Royally F**ked Up The Back Passage Though
    What mods you got, how old are you and how many NCB have you got, any accidents or convictions and what sort of area do you live in. Then we'll get an idea whether its alot or not.

Comment

Doesn't sound like a bad quote to me. I paid more last year for the Corsa and not looking forward to the quote this year.

The premium is not the problem - It's when people crash into or vandalise your car that the problems start. If I pay a premium and don't have to deal with insurance company for the rest of the year I consider that money well spent.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
        What mods you got, how old are you and how many NCB have you got, any accidents or convictions and what sort of area do you live in. Then we'll get an idea whether its alot or not.
        It's Got A Bluefin Re Map, Panel Filter & Dump Valve, I'm 25 With Full NCB (Now Protected), Had No Accidents Or Convictions & Live Just Outside Derby

Comment

Even Though I've Took That Offer I Still Feel Like I've Been Right Royally F**ked Up The Back Passage By Them!!
          I'm in the same boat at the minute mate. I've had to put the mods on hold for a year cus i don't want to pay silly money! If you read reviews about insurance companies... It sounds like they're all as bad as each other. There needs to be something put in place to make deals/cover better.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VXRSi View Post
            I'm in the same boat at the minute mate. I've had to put the mods on hold for a year cus i don't want to pay silly money! If you read reviews about insurance companies... It sounds like they're all as bad as each other. There needs to be something put in place to make deals/cover better.
            I Used To Pay Stupid Money To Insure My Cars When I Was Under 21 & Because Of How Young I Was & What Cars I Was Driving..... But I Thought Those Days Were Over Now

I Also Thought When You Got To The Big Old 25 Mark Ya Insurance Dropped A Bit.......Obviously Not!!!

Comment

Have you tried Adrain Flux?
              Mine ended up being £520, with all mods declaire and covered, limited mileage (6000), protected NCB. I'm 27 and have 5 yrs NCB. Through Adrain Flux i ended up going with Red Star Equity.

Comment

I Used To Pay Stupid Money To Insure My Cars When I Was Under 21 & Because Of How Young I Was & What Cars I Was Driving..... But I Thought Those Days Were Over Now

I Also Thought When You Got To The Big Old 25 Mark Ya Insurance Dropped A Bit.......Obviously Not!!!
                Who was the quote with?
                sigpic

Comment

Well im 25, 6 yrs NCB, one accident in 2004, no convictions in a decent post code area.

Got a quote for mine with current and future mods to include:
                  Remus
                  Panel filter
                  Stage 2 remap
                  RARB
                  DAP R Springs
                  Vented and groved 16g disc breaks with yellow stuff pads
                  Tints
                  Some colour changes to body work.

Best quote i got was between £750 - £800 but they could be more specific as i wasnt actually renewing, just getting an idea. When i come to renew i'll be 26 and have 7yrs NCB, Accident will be more that 5 years old by then and no convictions. So hopefully it will be abit less then above.

Comment

Originally posted by jrichrd View Post
                    Have you tried Adrain Flux?
                    Mine ended up being £520, with all mods declaire and covered, limited mileage (6000), protected NCB. I'm 27 and have 5 yrs NCB. Through Adrain Flux i ended up going with Red Star Equity.
                    My Quotes Through Adrian Flux Too.

To Be Fair I've Had A Few Cars Insured With Them In The Past & They Have Been Really Good & Understanding When It's Come Down To Me Declaring My Mods On Previous Cars
                    Last edited by Rich S; 2 January 2009, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Well im 25, 6 yrs NCB, one accident in 2004, no convictions in a decent post code area.

Got a quote for mine with current and future mods to include:
                      Remus
                      Panel filter
                      Stage 2 remap
                      RARB
                      DAP R Springs
                      Vented and groved 16g disc breaks with yellow stuff pads
                      Tints
                      Some colour changes to body work.

Best quote i got was between £750 - £800 but they could be more specific as i wasnt actually renewing, just getting an idea. When i come to renew i'll be 26 and have 7yrs NCB, Accident will be more that 5 years old by then and no convictions. So hopefully it will be abit less then above.
                      Christ... Do you want to swap ages with me?
                      sigpic

Comment

Christ... Do you want to swap ages with me?
                        Depends, are you older or younger????

Comment

Depends, are you older or younger????
                          23. My quotes are around that for a standard car!

5 Years NCB, driving for 5 years, clean license. I used to be with Elephant but they put the premium up just short of £300 on the renewal quote because i've been involved in a non-fault accident. I refuse to pay extra for that!
                          sigpic

Comment

23. My quotes are around that for a standard car!

5 Years NCB, driving for 5 years, clean license. I used to be with Elephant but they put the premium up just short of £300 on the renewal quote because i've been involved in a non-fault accident. I refuse to pay extra for that!
                            Ouch. Im with e-sure at the moment, thats a sign im getting old! and paying £550 fully comp, guarenteed no claims portection, no volunatry excess, £100 compulasry excess, £5000 worth of personal contents cover, Breakdown and home start cover with the RAC. This covers me for social, domestic and pleasure use along with Class one business insurance.

Comment

Ouch. Im with e-sure at the moment, thats a sign im getting old! and paying £550 fully comp, guarenteed no claims portection, no volunatry excess, £100 compulasry excess, £5000 worth of personal contents cover, Breakdown and home start cover with the RAC. This covers me for social, domestic and pleasure use along with Class one business insurance.
                              Don't know if i'd quoted on them yet... I'll give it a bash in a bit.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X