Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need new brake pads !!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • need new brake pads !!

    Evening all, after my recent service i've been told i am going to need my 1st set of new pads in the very near future i am just wondering what the best type to go for is.

    i was wanting some performance ones i.e. green stuff but just wondering what other people have used and if any one can recommend anything and were to get them.

    Cheers

  • #2
    i've just fitted yellow stuff pads to mine and they are great £80 for pads all tuners will have them

    Comment


    • #3
      Yellow stuff are the best for normal to fast road driving



      http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/inde...&productId=236

      Comment


      • #4
        cheers guys what is the difference between green and yellow just the use, and a m8 just told me ferrado are best but more expensive do you know if this is true

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Capa View Post
          cheers guys what is the difference between green and yellow just the use, and a m8 just told me ferrado are best but more expensive do you know if this is true

          Forrado are very good, used to work very near to where they made them, really stank!

          Green stuff are for normal every day driving

          Yellow stuff are for normal driving, fast road, light track driving

          Red stuff are for light to heavy track use

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
            Forrado are very good, used to work very near to where they made them, really stank!

            Green stuff are for normal every day driving

            Yellow stuff are for normal driving, fast road, light track driving

            Red stuff are for light to heavy track use
            Yellows are the top spec heavy track pads!!

            Reds are fast road light track use!!
            sigpic
            Originally posted by soosie
            Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
            Originally posted by soosie
            Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Capa View Post
              Evening all, after my recent service i've been told i am going to need my 1st set of new pads in the very near future i am just wondering what the best type to go for is.

              i was wanting some performance ones i.e. green stuff but just wondering what other people have used and if any one can recommend anything and were to get them.

              Cheers
              how many miles have you done ?

              Comment


              • #8
                from 1 of my previous posts on EBC brake pads :-

                Greenstuff:-

                Premium street sport pad for cars up to 200bhp. General spirited street driving.Designed for premium street driving offering better brake effect up to 600°C (1100°F). EBC Greenstuff has a high initial brake effect and gives drivers confidence from first application of the brake pedal. The EBC pad creates less dust and the dust is more easily washed off than most brands.

                RedStuff:-

                Superstreet formula for cars above 200bhp and fastest street driving This material is a Kevlar® fibre based brake compound enhanced with ceramic particles. If you have previously tried EBC redstuff (pre-ceramic compound) this material is light years ahead. It lasts longer, it brakes better and is quieter. Being a hard wearing pad, bed-in times can be as long as 1000 miles and drivers must be patient until the pad takes up the shape of their disc.This is a truly impressive fast road pad for repeated heavy braking.

                YellowStuff:-

                Ultra high friction pads for race use but perfectly safe for street use. Although a full race material and capable of high temperature use with very good wear life, this new formulation sets a new trend in race type brake pad compounds that can be used on the highway. The “bite” from cold is superb which is uncommon with race materials (normally requiring warm-up) and makes this a pad which can be safely used on both street and track.
                sigpic
                Originally posted by soosie
                Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
                Originally posted by soosie
                Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Cerberus View Post
                  Yellows are the top spec heavy track pads!!

                  Reds are fast road light track use!!
                  Whoops, got it the wrong way round then. So why are folks that dont go on a track use yellow stuff pads?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I've had Yellows on mine for 2 months now. Superb pads. They do squeal from time to time, but I dont mind that. I do have a worrying problem on the drivers side though, the pad is only rubbing on like 3 quarters of the disk. The left side is fine. Very odd. The pad is seated properly just like the passenger side.
                    sigpic
                    Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
                      Whoops, got it the wrong way round then. So why are folks that dont go on a track use yellow stuff pads?
                      Because they work well from cold too.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by skyliner34 View Post
                        I've had Yellows on mine for 2 months now. Superb pads. They do squeal from time to time, but I dont mind that. I do have a worrying problem on the drivers side though, the pad is only rubbing on like 3 quarters of the disk. The left side is fine. Very odd. The pad is seated properly just like the passenger side.
                        What does the friction face of the pad look like mate?
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          As said above, check the friction face of the pad.

                          YellowStuff had teething problems with the wrong compound being used causing part of the pad to effectively crumble away
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by soosie
                          Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
                          Originally posted by soosie
                          Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by VXRSi View Post
                            What does the friction face of the pad look like mate?
                            You mean the foot print of the pad? or whats actually worn on the actual pad?
                            sigpic
                            Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              the actual contact face of the pad where it meets the disc
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by soosie
                              Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
                              Originally posted by soosie
                              Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X