This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From ST to VXR?

Hi guys currently drive a Focus ST, looking to get another "hot hatch" do you guys recommend the VXR, I've seen some conflicting write ups about them recently!

was driving behind a blue focus st today, i think they are nice never driven one but i think the vxr is more aggresive and i prefer the look of the vxr, well guess thats why i bought one lol. cant recomend it highly enough mate you will love it could always then go for stage 3 tune up :wink: 300bhp then
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

I used to own a Type R so dont want another. I like that Megane R26, and it's got some amazing write-ups, and like the idea of the slip diff.

Comment

you seriously like the look of that car are you mad its got a big bottom lol vxpc do a diff for the vxr

Comment

I love that liquid yellow paint its £1200 extra but its stunning!

Comment

yeah colour is cool like st orange, your choice best to arrange some test drives if i were you

Comment

yeah my ST is orange, stunning colour

Comment

yup

Comment

I think we know each other.......you recently moved away from my street? I sold my Type-R and bought a VXR. No regrets. Stunning car. More hardcore than the new Type-R, but not too harsh a ride.

Comment

Are there many engine mods for the VXR? What made u choose the VXR Sicam79?

Comment

Apparently you can get 3 stages of tuning for it. The first, a simple remap. Stage 2 adds a full exhaust system and stage three an upgraded intercooler. Stage 1 is roughly okay for 260ish BHP, probably have to spend around £500 for that. Not really sure about exact details, but there's plenty of other posts about tuning.

I went for VXR because I wanted something that was involving and fun to drive. I loved my old Type-R, but don't like the new one....too watered down. New Type-R, golf GTI, Leon Cupra, etc are all just a bit bland for me.

Comment

Ahh at least the tuning is available, my ST has got the equivalent of the stage 3 pack. Think I would need to tune any car I bought in this range otherwise I'd miss the extra power too much. Agree with you about the new type-r not impressive at all. Think I've shortlisted it down to the VXR and R26!

Comment

Think the R26 is meant to drive the best out of all the present hot hatches. The fact that it's French is the only thing that would put me off.

Comment

Test drives may be in order then! As you know I've had French cars in the past and haven't had any probs! What colour did u go for, did u have any options?

Comment

Sure someone mentioned before that tuning the renault costs alot more than the vxr.

Comment

Working...
                              X