This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tyres

Need new tyres pretty soon, fronts have done about 12k miles so time to change, but do I take a gamble on cheap front tyres knowing the back ones will keep me in line if I need them?

Doubt I will own it much longer so not really willing to spend £500 on decent front tyres.....

Yours opinions appreciated as always!

Originally posted by Shane_Eddie View Post
    Need new tyres pretty soon, fronts have done about 12k miles so time to change, but do I take a gamble on cheap front tyres knowing the back ones will keep me in line if I need them?

Doubt I will own it much longer so not really willing to spend £500 on decent front tyres.....

Yours opinions appreciated as always!
    Most budget ones will be fine. You just need to learn how they behave. You can get some pretty decent brands cheap off the internet.
    sigpic

Comment

To save going through all this again look at this thread:

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=35907

and try:

www.camskill.co.uk

Very good and cheap tyres.

Comment

Originally posted by VXRSi View Post
        Most budget ones will be fine. You just need to learn how they behave. You can get some pretty decent brands cheap off the internet.
        Well I did think these cheaper tyres are obviously tested to some sort of standard, and the fronts are better to take a gamble on rather than the back, so not too big a risk anyway.

Worst case scenario is I lose a little more traction off the line than I do now, but I dont race in it anyway so its not going to make a difference to my driving style.

Comment

Well I did think these cheaper tyres are obviously tested to some sort of standard, and the fronts are better to take a gamble on rather than the back, so not too big a risk anyway.

Worst case scenario is I lose a little more traction off the line than I do now, but I dont race in it anyway so its not going to make a difference to my driving style.
          and underteer like a ***** around a bad corner coz you havent got any grip, there cheap for a reason. Its only that bit of rubber that keeps you 15k motor on the ground, dont scrimp with tyres. You can get two Goodyear Eagle F1 Aysemetrics for £200 delivered on the above site i posted.

Comment

Having said that, i'd still buy a brand i'd heard of. The Avon ZZ3 and Toyo Proxes T1-R are around £100 each for the 19's.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
              and underteer like a ***** around a bad corner coz you havent got any grip, there cheap for a reason. Its only that bit of rubber that keeps you 15k motor on the ground, dont scrimp with tyres. You can get two Goodyear Eagle F1 Aysemetrics for £200 delivered on the above site i posted.
              Didnt see your post mate!

I think to be honest Id like to keep a decent brand on the front rather than going for the 'inky pinky dinky' brand that charge £9.99 per corner, and as long as its reasonable id prefer to play it safe.....£200 seems reasonable enough to me for two tyres.

Comment

ZZ3's give fantastic ammounts of grip but wear very quickly in my experience

Toyo T1-R's are a great all rounder!!
                sigpic
                Originally posted by soosie
                Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
                Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Comment

Didnt see your post mate!

I think to be honest Id like to keep a decent brand on the front rather than going for the 'inky pinky dinky' brand that charge £9.99 per corner, and as long as its reasonable id prefer to play it safe.....£200 seems reasonable enough to me for two tyres.
                  Thats very good mate and are a good brand, highly recommended as i was torn between them and another:

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=36512

You can get the best of the best, Michillen Piolet Sport 2's for £125 a corner on the same site.

Comment

not for 19's you cant
                    sigpic
                    Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
                    Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Comment

Thats very good mate and are a good brand, highly recommended as i was torn between them and another:

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=36512

You can get the best of the best, Michillen Piolet Sport 2's for £125 a corner on the same site.
                      The difference in price between 18's and 19's is quite big though. The 19" Goodyears are £145 each.
                      sigpic

Comment

Ah, sorry, forgot to say i was qouting for 18's, still i think they are one of the cheapest places and £145 for 19's doesnt sound too bad, so around £300 delivered then for new front tyres, better then £500 which is what you originally thought.

Comment

Just had a look on that camskill.com and the Toyos are £121 each for 19's which is what Ill need, not too bad at all really i guess. The £500 babble was from www.national.com that I seen advertise earlier on tv!

Comment

Just had a look on that camskill.com and the Toyos are £121 each for 19's which is what Ill need, not too bad at all really i guess. The £500 babble was from www.national.com that I seen advertise earlier on tv!
                            Tooyo's are a mid level brand and fairly decent, had them on a previous car in the past.

Comment

Ah, sorry, forgot to say i was qouting for 18's, still i think they are one of the cheapest places and £145 for 19's doesnt sound too bad, so around £300 delivered then for new front tyres, better then £500 which is what you originally thought.
                              Thats a much better price than you can get the standard contis for! They'd be getting on for £400 IIRC.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X