X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indicator stalk

Can someone please help.

im trying to change the stalk for ceuise control but i cannot find the little clip to release the stalk to get it out.

Could someone please help

Originally posted by snige87 View Post
    Can someone please help.

im trying to change the stalk for ceuise control but i cannot find the little clip to release the stalk to get it out.

Could someone please help
    there is a thread on the how too section

Comment

i was shown by a vaux tech how to do it, i never removed any plastic cowling etc, just give the stalk a good hard tug.
      BLACK TURLBY ASTRA 888 NUMBER 10

MK1 FOCUS RS

RED CORSA GSI

Comment

if you look at the new one you will see a small grove in it you just need to slide something down the grove to release the clip or give it a good pull but be carefull.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Entirely up to yourself but `I WOULDNT JUST PULL IT OUT` you risk snaping the small retaining clip.
          Pop the rubber gaiter out of the steering column and look on the underside of the stalk - there is a small groove running down the stalk towards the column, now slide a very small allen key/cocktail stick (or something similar) down the groove till it hits the end = your indicator stalk will slide out easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter View Post
            Entirely up to yourself but `I WOULDNT JUST PULL IT OUT` you risk snaping the small retaining clip.
            Pop the rubber gaiter out of the steering column and look on the underside of the stalk - there is a small groove running down the stalk towards the column, now slide a very small allen key/cocktail stick (or something similar) down the groove till it hits the end = your indicator stalk will slide out easy.
            just saying what the vaux tech told me!! not saying its the correct way but must be what they do.
            BLACK TURLBY ASTRA 888 NUMBER 10

MK1 FOCUS RS

RED CORSA GSI

Comment

I let Vx do mine and got the hole lot, tech 2 etc done for £65. Well worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by willia View Post
                I let Vx do mine and got the hole lot, tech 2 etc done for £65. Well worth it.
                i'm loving that badge
                sigpic
                stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                M.U.F.C.
                http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

u will need tech2 u know
                  Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
                  Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

yes i red the how to thread but i was just after some more advice as i couldnt get mine out.
                    I no i need to get tech 2 it's booked in for monday thats why i need to do it tomorow.

Thanks for your help guys i will try again!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by astraturbo1987 View Post
                      just saying what the vaux tech told me!! not saying its the correct way but must be what they do.
                      No problem, just wouldnt like to see anyone damage anything that may cost ££££`s to fix.

Comment

i did my own but i`m very impatiant and just ragged it out , luckily everything was ok but i wouldn`t recommend ragging it out as i could of easily broke it , ask the guy at the garage to do it as the cost of tech 2 is charged at half hour labour rate so for them to do it , it shouldn`t really take more than a few seconds ,

Comment

Job done today. It really is easy peasey. Just put a small allen key on the grove as said and it came rite out. New one in. tech 2 on Tuesday and should be all good.

Cheers for all your help!!!

Comment

Nice one

Comment

the guy that did mine just pulled it n came str8 out n the new 1 str8 in. tuk bout 20mins wiv tech 2

total cost= £53 (just wantd 20) for the tech 2

Comment

Working...
                              X