This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running in the new car

No doubt the dealer will tell me on thurs when I go to pick my brand new baby up, but what rules should you *try* and stick to on picking a brand new VXR up??

Im getting excited now

Take it easy for the first 600... Still have fun but dont redline every gear and everywhere... be sensible and it will be fine.

I say change the oil after about 1,000 as the engine will have bedded in and to get rid of all the swarf in it.

Comment

give it some welly every now and then up to 1000 ,then you should be fine , i changed my oil at 1500 and again at 6800 and i'm gonna change it again soon for thicker oil at 7500 i did drive mine under 4 but kept giving it a blast to loosen it up and now it fly's mind you it's stage 3 now
      sigpic
      stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
      M.U.F.C.
      http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
        give it some welly every now and then up to 1000 ,then you should be fine , i changed my oil at 1500 and again at 6800 and i'm gonna change it again soon for thicker oil at 7500 i did drive mine under 4 but kept giving it a blast to loosen it up and now it fly's mind you it's stage 3 now
        I asked my dealer about me changing oil before my first checkup at 7500 km and he recommended that I waited for the checkup.
        sigpic

Comment

only changed it when it got dirty but gonna changed it for 10/40's better for the turbo then will leave it till first service in sept
          sigpic
          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
          M.U.F.C.
          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Re: Running in the new car

Originally posted by PainZ
            No doubt the dealer will tell me on thurs when I go to pick my brand new baby up, but what rules should you *try* and stick to on picking a brand new VXR up??

Im getting excited now
            Have a good day on thursday and lets have some piccies
            sigpic
            More than 34,900 viewings and counting
            Click Here to.................
            See My Wheels
            See My Wife's EX Wheels now Sold

Comment

Working...
            X