• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vxrdilly
    replied
    Re: Running in the new car

Originally posted by PainZ
    No doubt the dealer will tell me on thurs when I go to pick my brand new baby up, but what rules should you *try* and stick to on picking a brand new VXR up??

Im getting excited now
    Have a good day on thursday and lets have some piccies

Leave a comment:

• worsy
    replied
    only changed it when it got dirty but gonna changed it for 10/40's better for the turbo then will leave it till first service in sept

Leave a comment:

• maxell
    replied
    Originally posted by worsy
    give it some welly every now and then up to 1000 ,then you should be fine , i changed my oil at 1500 and again at 6800 and i'm gonna change it again soon for thicker oil at 7500 i did drive mine under 4 but kept giving it a blast to loosen it up and now it fly's mind you it's stage 3 now
    I asked my dealer about me changing oil before my first checkup at 7500 km and he recommended that I waited for the checkup.

Leave a comment:

• worsy
    replied
    give it some welly every now and then up to 1000 ,then you should be fine , i changed my oil at 1500 and again at 6800 and i'm gonna change it again soon for thicker oil at 7500 i did drive mine under 4 but kept giving it a blast to loosen it up and now it fly's mind you it's stage 3 now

Leave a comment:

• VX Mel
    replied
    Take it easy for the first 600... Still have fun but dont redline every gear and everywhere... be sensible and it will be fine.

I say change the oil after about 1,000 as the engine will have bedded in and to get rid of all the swarf in it.

Leave a comment:

• PainZ
    started a topic Running in the new car

Running in the new car

No doubt the dealer will tell me on thurs when I go to pick my brand new baby up, but what rules should you *try* and stick to on picking a brand new VXR up??

Im getting excited now
Working...
X