X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd/3rd Year Warranty/AA Cover

Hi,
    Had my 1st service done by Thorney recently. Does my 2nd/3rd year warranty/AA cover just carry on as normal?, or does john have to arrange it with vaux?.

Just had a letter through the door from local dealer asking me to book in for 1st service, and at the same time they will "extend my 1st year warranty/AA cover for another 2 years".

Cheers
    cwvxr

look's like you just lost your AA cover then for 2 yrs :? speak to thorney he could help you out
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

I would like to suggest that as Thorney as a Bona-fide Vauxhall Service Centre then the AA cover will be maintained

Comment

Originally posted by BO55 VXR
        I would like to suggest that as Thorney as a Bona-fide Vauxhall Service Centre then the AA cover will be maintained
        Good . Was just a little concerned tha the dealer has to register you or something with vaux.

Comment

as boss said as thorneys is vaux apporved the aa cover should stay in place

Comment

Originally posted by cwvxr
            Good . Was just a little concerned tha the dealer has to register you or something with vaux.
            Might be worth just pinging JT a PM just to ensure that Vaux have been notified

Comment

cover remains as i had my service doen at TMS in Jan and i am still covered but as i found out yesterday its not the same coverage as the 1st year as they will not do home assistance only roadside, so if you have any problems push it down the street then give them a call

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie
                cover remains as i had my service doen at TMS in Jan and i am still covered but as i found out yesterday its not the same coverage as the 1st year as they will not do home assistance only roadside, so if you have any problems push it down the street then give them a call
                Shane's correct. The cover in the 2nd and 3rd years is reduced.

I'm also pretty sure you have to be a certain distance away from your home for them to come out. Not so good if you live at the bottom of a hill!!

Comment

Originally posted by cwvxr
                  Might be worth just pinging JT a PM just to ensure that Vaux have been notified
                  Went round this loop a couple of months back.
                  Spoke to a Dealer/VX Customer diservice and the AA.
                  The AA said that the cover is automatically extended to year 2/3
                  (reduced level as discussed - but you can pay extra to maintain it at the same level, I was quoted around £120)

The dealers appear to be saying have it serviced with us and THEN we will extend your AA cover as a way of dragging you in quickly to pay them for a service

Thing is the AA aren't interested, it automatically rolls over anyway
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IanVXR
                    Originally posted by Aussie
                    Shane's correct. The cover in the 2nd and 3rd years is reduced.

I'm also pretty sure you have to be a certain distance away from your home for them to come out. Not so good if you live at the bottom of a hill!!
                    then you just push it away from the hill, unless you live at the bottom of 2 hills

Comment

Do you chaps get any details or paperwork on what the AA cover actually is. When I picked the car up all I have is a little ticket sized card in the owners handbook wallet.

Comment

Originally posted by kingcobbler
                        Do you chaps get any details or paperwork on what the AA cover actually is. When I picked the car up all I have is a little ticket sized card in the owners handbook wallet.
                        thats all i have... that's all you need i think as i have called them out and had no problems with it.

Comment

The other thing I was told by the dealer (maybe I wasn't listening in the excitement to drive the car) was that it was 1 year AA cover and I just needed to pay about £140 for 2 additional years.

But it seems youchaps are saying you get 1 year top cover followed by 2 more years at a lower type of policy ?

Comment

i was quoted £250 for the additional coverage :?

Comment

Ive got the full monty AA cover for both my wife and me for just under £100 per year anyway :wink:

Comment

Working...
                              X