This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VXRPC/Courtenay Intercooler

Anyone know the dimensions, or more importantly the internal capacity of the VXRPC/Courtenay intercooler ??

This one ....

erm, i have it on mine but unless you have a really good reason, i'm not going to go measure it xx

Comment

I want to know the internal capacity more than anything else, to do that i need the dimensions, unless someone knows the actual capacity to save the effort

Just in the market for an intercooler, but i need to make sure its capable of covering future plans

Comment

Originally posted by lordnikon
        I want to know the internal capacity more than anything else, to do that i need the dimensions, unless someone knows the actual capacity to save the effort

Just in the market for an intercooler, but i need to make sure its capable of covering future plans
        how you mean future plans hun?? cos my plans for the VXR are going to be to the extreme and if it'll hold that then i'm sure it'll hold yours x
        anyway, i'll see if i can find out for you x

Comment

Louise,

Have you got any close up pics of your brakes? I guess they are 4 pots?

Comment

Originally posted by LouiseVXR
            how you mean future plans hun?? cos my plans for the VXR are going to be to the extreme and if it'll hold that then i'm sure it'll hold yours x
            If you can find out that will be great. I have a feeling it wont be big enough but fingers crossed it is

Comment

If you can find out that will be great. I have a feeling it wont be big enough but fingers crossed it is
              right, apparently they don't test capacity like they used to x BUT... i'm awaiting a txt with the dimensions so when i get it i'll post up x

Comment

Originally posted by PainZ
                Louise,

Have you got any close up pics of your brakes? I guess they are 4 pots?
                erm, i'll have a look hun and if i have i'll PM you xx

Comment

AP Brake Pix and info
                  Vectra and Corsa Versions coming shortly

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...opic.php?t=864

Comment

right, apparently they don't test capacity like they used to x BUT... i'm awaiting a txt with the dimensions so when i get it i'll post up x
                    Thanks. Strange they dont test capacity :?

If you get anything that would be great - thanks for your help

Comment

this is all i have been able to find, not sure how up to date it is or changes made but its a start

Standard Intercooler Height 346 mm
                      Modified Intercooler Height 362 mm

Standard Intercooler Width 523 mm
                      Modified Intercooler Width 540 mm

Standard Intercooler Depth 27 mm
                      Modified Intercooler Depth 56 mm

Standard Intercooler pipe work size worst 39 mm best 49 mm
                      Modified Intercooler pipe work size worst 50 mm (clamp @ turbo 50mm long) Rest 60 mm

Standard Pipe Length to Turbo 1530mm
                      Modified Pipe Length to Turbo 720 mm

Standard Pressure Drop / Back pressure 2.9 Psi (measured at turbo outlet & plenum)
                      Modified Pressure Drop / Back Pressure 0 Psi (measured at turbo outlet &plenum)

Standard Front area 18,095 cm s
                      Modified Front area 19,548 cm s

Comment

Originally posted by Dougie
                        AP Brake Pix and info
                        Vectra and Corsa Versions coming shortly

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...opic.php?t=864
                        LOL! thanks Dougie x couldn't find the pics :?

this thread aswell when i first got mine done ...

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...ighlight=#7916

and Thanks Aussie, i'll post up the txt too when i get it xx

Comment

Hmmm decent capacity working on those sizes, thanks for the info

Comment

again, capacity of an intercooler is meaningless.

You need to look and surface area and heat ransfer efficiency

Comment

ive had mine since november lord and it work's great
                              sigpic
                              stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                              M.U.F.C.
                              http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                              X