This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing a Harman Kardon Drive + Play

I'm going to attempt to install my Drive + Play this evening but I've a few questions before I start. I was thinking of using the wires that power the 12v socket near the gear stick for the ground, 12v Ignition Feed and 12v Direct Feed.
    Can any tell me what colour these wires are in the Astra VXR?

wow mate i had one installed and it still is, was not impressed at all and im actually gonna take it out, my knob bit stuck every other turn and it crackled too :?
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

the earth is brown the live is red and i think the ignition feed wire was black its taped into the loom by the cig lighter.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Originally posted by vxrdave
        the earth is brown the live is red and i think the ignition feed wire was black its taped into the loom by the cig lighter.
        Thanks for the information...!

Comment

I've got one, had one in the M3 and fitted one afew weeks ago in the VXR. Works a treat. Its best if you use one of the preset coded FM channels rather than a custom one. Other than that its fine imo.

You will need the PC5-111 Autoleads aerial adapter too. If you dont have it already of course ! lol

Comment

what is this you are on about??? :?
            sigpic proud owner of astra vxr n custom vivaro nurburg

Comment

dunno but i think it may be DAB digital radio?

if so where do you get it? i've got the REVO unit in my van and it works a treat but not keen on having that in the VXR, would rahter have something discreet..
              sigpic
              Astravan Sportive SE

Comment

doh!

just looked it up, its an IPOD connector unit!

while i'm on about digital radio, has anyone found any unit that is compatible with the standard head unit but is also controlled thru the head unit i.e. you wouldn't need to have the digital radio box thing on show?
                sigpic
                Astravan Sportive SE

Comment

Working...
                X