X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The worst part on my car...

The handbrake..

Without any questions. In my opinion it really is quite cheap and tacky.. I will go as far to say its the same handbrake found in 1.0 corsa clubs!!

The gear knob is gorgeous, however the handbrake really is shocking.

What does everyone else think?? Would be much nicer cladded in leather like the gear knob..

What's everyone elses thoughts? Has anyone changed theres?

I use to have an Irmscher one in my Corsa and thats quite nice. I know Irmscher do the same one for the Astra, however I don't think it would fit in with the rest of the interior!!

Yeah I know what you mean, how much extra would it have cost, and also what about colour coded hand brake/gear lever gaiters, that would have been a nice touch.

Comment

I really couldnt care less.

I usually only use it when I park up.

Comment

I have no problems with the 'look/feel' of the handbrake and tbh I think you are splitting hairs here. How specific do you wanne get? We will all like/dislike things, VX have gone for the median :wink:

Comment

I've never noticed it. I just pull it up and walk off

Comment

not noticed it myself , im usually too busy looking out of windsreen where im going :wink:

Comment

i would say it has to be the back shelf below the boot collects so much dirt lol :?
              Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

I've got to say it has to be the speedo and rev counter. The red around it makes it look cheap IMO.

Comment

the worst has to be those naff black bits on the rear bumper.
                  i think they could of looked better

Comment

Originally posted by leepy
                    the worst has to be those naff black bits on the rear bumper.
                    i think they could of looked better
                    oh yes i know what you mean. they look good from a distance

Comment

hi ben
                      they do look good from 50 yards away,but when you get close it looks like vauxhall run out of styling ideas and stuck a couple of bits of black plastic to fill 2 holes

Comment

I think they would look better (the rear bumper things) if they had cut the bits out, like the front grille?

Anyone going to dare do it?
                        I have a difference of opinion to you.

Comment

Re: The worst part on my car...

Originally posted by PainZ
                          The handbrake..

Without any questions. In my opinion it really is quite cheap and tacky.. I will go as far to say its the same handbrake found in 1.0 corsa clubs!!

The gear knob is gorgeous, however the handbrake really is shocking.

What does everyone else think?? Would be much nicer cladded in leather like the gear knob..

What's everyone elses thoughts? Has anyone changed theres?

I use to have an Irmscher one in my Corsa and thats quite nice. I know Irmscher do the same one for the Astra, however I don't think it would fit in with the rest of the interior!!
                          Having had a Corsa 1.2 Life for 3 months courtesy of VX while I waited 8 months for the car [ while VX sorted out dodgy suppliers for the side sills and the fact that all the UK car orders were ending up as Opels ]
                          have to say was one of the first things I noticed to.
                          The car interior designers call things like the pedals, steering wheels and handbrake 'touch points' and normally put a bit of effort into them.
                          I put an Irmscher one on which feels a lot less cheap and looks more the part
                          sigpic

Comment

Glad somone agrees!!

I had the Irmscher one on my corsa, so going from the corsa to the astra in that respect was a downgrade.

You got any pics of your handbrake on??

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Ojc
                              I think they would look better (the rear bumper things) if they had cut the bits out, like the front grille?

Anyone going to dare do it?
                              yeh and had duel exit zorsts coming out f them

i had that on a saxo years ago

Comment

Working...
                              X