This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1ST SERVICE?

just bought the car and its a week old but wondering when 1st service is normally due?
    Haven't read the manuals yet too busy playing with it for that

Lol. I'm the same. I've my car about 10 months and still haven't had time to look at any of the manuals. I think the first service should probably be around 4-5k miles. I haven't even had an oil change on mine yet though Will have it fully serviced next month though when i get my Miltek fitted

Comment

1 year or 20000 miles, whatever comes first.

Comment

Hmmmmmm. Maybe its 4-5k for just the oil change

Comment

nope first oil change is at 1 yr or 20000 , but i did mine at 3000

my first service due in may so will get another change by dealer then !!

i think most of us are doing oil changes between 3 - 5000 which is probably where you got 4500 from adski :wink:

Comment

Here in Iceland it is after 7.500 km or 6 months.

Task list:
            1. Change lubricant oil
            2. Change Engine oil
            3. Measure Gearbox oil
            4. Lubricate locks and hinges
            sigpic

Comment

lol. I haven't done any of that yet. Should get it all done next month though.

Comment

ive changed my oil at 1500 and about 3 weeks ago at 6000 and something miles and i'm gonna change it again soon for thicker oil only had it since sept :?
                sigpic
                stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                M.U.F.C.
                http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Had my first oil & filter change at 3000 miles, service isn't due until next Feb.

Comment

What oil do you guys use?

Comment

im changing the oil for the first time when it goes in for its first service.
                      not sure i see any benefits for doing it earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Adski
                        i'm changing mine for a thicker 1 10/40's fully synthetic as recommended by courts they found that the thinner 1 was c**p for the turbo we use thats what caused the turbo on mine to leak as it did with jon's at courts
                        sigpic
                        M.U.F.C.

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
                          i'm changing mine for a thicker 1 10/40's fully synthetic as recommended by courts they found that the thinner 1 was c**p for the turbo we use thats what caused the turbo on mine to leak as it did with jon's at courts
                          Is the turbo the standard one on stage 3 or an uprated unit to warrant the thicker oil. I only ask cos I have just bought four cans of the vauxhall fully synthetic, cheap though

Comment

Originally posted by leepy
                            im changing the oil for the first time when it goes in for its first service.
                            not sure i see any benefits for doing it earlier.
                            benifits are as follows .................CLEAN OIL IS GOOD FOR YOUR ENGINE :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by wardy
                              Originally posted by worsy
                              Is the turbo the standard one on stage 3 or an uprated unit to warrant the thicker oil. I only ask cos I have just bought four cans of the vauxhall fully synthetic, cheap though
                              yeh standard turbo mate just works better on the thicker oil mate but every turbo is different although still got the thin oil in the car now on the new turbo and no problems at all
                              sigpic
                              M.U.F.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X