X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alloy damage need help

hi just got my new vxr last week and it gr8 the best car ive ever had
    can any one help me today i damage my alloy really bad all over iam thinking of buying a new one dose any one know how much a new alloy cost or new alloy and tire cost

thanks ben

Hi Ben. Welcome to the site.

I have scuffed a few of my alloys. I'm going to get them repaired at some point using someone like Wicked Wheels or Chipsaway. Other people have used them with good as new results.

I don't know how much a new wheel is though.

Comment

new wheel i think is v pricey get chips away to do it mate they did mine and cant tell where it was now lol
      Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

what alloys do you have standard or 19' inch on vauxhall uk £500 for four 19' inch alloys ....

Comment

Originally posted by dill1970
          what alloys do you have standard or 19' inch on vauxhall uk £500 for four 19' inch alloys ....
          hi i have the standard ones same ones as in the pic

Comment

You'll be looking at 200-300 for replacement wheel and tyre. If the damage is limited to scraping and the wheel is not buckled then you should be able to get Chipsaway to do it. Typically 40-80 to repair depandant on damage.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by dill1970
              i think thats when you buy with car they keep the sandards plus £500 and you get 19 inch alloys

Comment

Ben your right. It's £500 extra as you are upgrading from the standards. I believe someone did get price from vaux for a replacement 19 and with tyre it was over 300, best give em a call to find out.

Chipsaway will give you a quote foc if you call em

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi
                  Ben your right. It's £500 extra as you are upgrading from the standards. I believe someone did get price from vaux for a replacement 19 and with tyre it was over 300, best give em a call to find out.

Chipsaway will give you a quote foc if you call em
                  thanks alexfi i will give chipsaway a call 1st i would pay £200 for standard alloy and tire but i think i should be so lucky to get it that cheap

Comment

Yep it will more likely be in the 300 region. Chipsaway have done really good work for most so far, keep us updated on how it goes :wink:

Comment

will do i am getting it done asap because the car is new only done 100 miles so far

Comment

Sorry to hear it happened so soon after pickup, fingers crossed it doesn't happen again

Oh, and well done on the purchase

Comment

mine didnt do a mile and got chipped by the mrs
                          sigpic
                          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                          M.U.F.C.
                          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Ouch

Comment

Had mine done last week at my dealer with a local touch up guy. Charged me £72.50 and the best thing is they did not just spray the wheel (different colour, eventually peels e.t.c.).

A new 19 wheel alone will be £275, with tyre and consequent labour looking around £400.

Comment

Working...
                              X