Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaned the car today.... I've discovered clay...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaned the car today.... I've discovered clay...

Well I've been at it for about 4 hours today, cleaned it, leathered it down then tried this meguiars clay i bought yesterday. I'd heard people on here on about it so I thought I'd have a go. I then polished it using meguiars NXT wax.

Car now looks amazing, very deep shine.

I know there are a lot of very expensive products out there that are better but I'd like to recommend both the clay and the NXT wax from meguiars, absolutely brilliant stuff.
    Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

*cough* This thread is useless without pics!!

How old is your car now Daz? Mine's over 14 months old and I was wondering about claying it. Did the clay pick much contaminates up?

Comment

Be careful, Clay can be just as damaging as a brillo pad if not used properly.... I am sure marc will be along to advse

Comment

I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow pal, not had time tonight.

The car is 7 months old, it picked up quite a lot to be honest.

I'm bricking it now though about the brillo pad thing!!!! I made sure that i only used it on a wet surface using meguiars detailing spray........
        Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

Always clay in straight lines and as you said Daz with lots of lubricant. Don't forget to fold the clay and keep it supple. There are different 'level's of clay but using the Megs Quik Clay or Sonus Green (or equiv) as these are very mild and you are less likely to cause the brilo effect :wink:

Comment

i have used meguiars clay and now swissol clay bar 10 quid and the only difference is the meguiars breaks up eventually but the swissol doesnt.
            It normally takes me 10 hours for a full detail on my car and also on others who have asked me to do theirs.
            I use swissol saphir wax(60quid) and the pre-wax cleansing fluid(17quid) for silver coloured cars and recommend the concorso for darker colours.
            Virosol product for the wheels(7 quid)and also liquid leather conditioner and cleanser (25quid).
            Previously owned a TT coupe and have detailed cars like X5,tt,Jag,Megane,Auid A4,Volvo,mazda mx5 ,Lexus SC430 etc pics avail if you want to see results before buying any of these products.

Hope this helps.

Comment

How weird, I also clayed my car this weekend. It is surprising how much crap a newish car can have.

I used half a sonus green ultra fine clay bar with megs last touch, worked a treat
              sigpic

Comment

Baz clayed the veccie today aswell

Comment

Originally posted by IanVXR
                  *cough* This thread is useless without pics!!

How old is your car now Daz? Mine's over 14 months old and I was wondering about claying it. Did the clay pick much contaminates up?
                  IAN

i`ve just had my car machine polished at my local valeter for a great price took two men two days solid work but the results are outstanding!!!

just keeping the thing looking so good is the hard part

i can post some pics of during and after if anyone wants to see but i forgot to take any before pics as it rained all day before i took it in to be done car was full of swirls and holograms and in the sun it did look shiney but the paint quality was pants but now it better than when it was new over a year ago!!!

wayner

www.primeshine.co.uk

Detailing and Valeting Southwest

Comment

Show us the pics
                    sigpic
                    More than 34,900 viewings and counting
                    Click Here to.................
                    See My Wheels
                    See My Wife's EX Wheels now Sold

Comment

car at the valeters

wayner

www.primeshine.co.uk

Comment

gave the car its first wash since getting the car back today

wayner

www.primeshine.co.uk

Comment

that looks brilliant pal, how much did that cost ya? and what's with the paint brush?

Comment

yeah how much is the average valet session then
                            Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

Very nice, hope you keep it that way :wink:

Comment

Working...
                              X