This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santa POD !!!

Anyone coming tp santa pod today ?????? Im pretty sure its gonna be a good laugh... Its run what you bring day...... Also anyone wnat to give me a good tip how to set off quick from the line to 0-60 and quater mile ???????????

tc off for starters

Comment

Really ???? so get to the start line TC OFF then 1st Hammer it and 2nd do you need to REDLINE it ?????

Comment

is there any one thats going down santa pod on the 2nd and 3rd of june for vauxhall performance show im going down with exhaust uk but would meet you guys there for a chin wag not going down today tho too busy
        sigpic proud owner of astra vxr n custom vivaro nurburg

Comment

you dont need to redline it its just before the red line you take it to keep taking it to red line you will **** the car up
          sigpic proud owner of astra vxr n custom vivaro nurburg

Comment

if you leave tc on mate as soon as you experience some wheel spin on take off then all your power is gone, launch with some wheel spin quick shift into second, first is far to short and dumps to much power and you will sit there spinning away, dont bounce it off the limiter in second and power away in 3rd, have a play with your first few runs mate and learn how the power is delivered in the lower gears so you can work on perfecting your launch, have a fun time mate.

Comment

Its my 1st try, give it a shot and burn some petrol LOL cant go wrong wasting petrol...lol

Comment

redlining it wont give you the best accelaration i think they peak around 5500 so then you should be changing to keep the accelaration up , could be wrong but sure thats when they are peaking ???
                sigpic
                stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                M.U.F.C.
                http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by robovxr
                  is there any one thats going down santa pod on the 2nd and 3rd of june for vauxhall performance show im going down with exhaust uk but would meet you guys there for a chin wag not going down today tho too busy
                  I'm going Santa Pod on the 3rd. Never been to a show before. Should b interesting

Comment

Hi guys, I did go santa pod is 3miles from my Mums house and bout 10 miles from mine....... I will get my cousin to put the Videos up on you tube later, the Times 14s i was running top speed 90mph, i did 5 runs could not be asked to do anymore, 1st run was with Me and mhy cousin in his Golf GTI i caked him by a few car lenths...2nd i didnt get off the line and some CHAV in a old renualt clieo beat me, should have seen his face like he was on cloud 9, 3rd was with a ZR which had loads of work done to it 20L Remapped the guy said it was putting out 220+ bhp..4th was with a local guy and it was a ford with a tuned engine and AS PD says take the Seats and all that out and the car may go quicker NOT !!! Beat him too, 5th the last 1 was just me alone and I NEarly cooked my Cluch !!!!!!! so after that i ended it before i did any dammage..... Watch out for the Videos there are very good, there were done by a pro.....LOL

Comment

when you get em on put the link up so i can have a look cheers bhav
                      sigpic
                      stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                      M.U.F.C.
                      http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Here you go guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swldACxgYVE

Dont listen to my partner, saying that i have blown up my car as shes talking crap lol..........

Thanks to Nish & Shae aka Groupies for the sound, and pics lol

Comment

Good vids mate

Comment

What happend on that last run then?

Comment

Good day out.
                              1 question though has anyone else got standing 1/4 figures?
                              sigpic
                              More than 34,900 viewings and counting
                              Click Here to.................
                              See My Wheels
                              See My Wife's EX Wheels now Sold

Comment

Working...
                              X