Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7.5MY standard exhaust copared to previous?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7.5MY standard exhaust copared to previous?

just a quick one i had a look under my car for the 1st time yesterday and vauxhall have changed the standard exhaust from previous VXRr's it looks more like the millek backbox now? does anyone know if this new standard exhaust have better flow characteristics compared to the old standard exhaust?

if you go to coutenays site and VXR tuning there is a picture of the old standard compared to milltek, new 7.5MY standard looks nothing like old standard,

anyone else with a 7.5MY noticed this?

you got a pic of it russ ?
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

PICS PICS PICS

LINKS LINKS LINKS

Comment

im at work now, but will post one as soon as i get in.

Comment

Could this be on the 07MY aswell? Could someone take a pic / have a look? I dont know 1) What a backbox is or 2) What backboxes are standard or not

Comment

This is the pic from courts site

I will have to look under my car tomorrow to compare.. I can take pics too.

I did have a little gander theother day

Comment

Originally posted by Dizzy
              Could this be on the 07MY aswell? Could someone take a pic / have a look? I dont know 1) What a backbox is or 2) What backboxes are standard or not
              mines an my07 dizzy and the zorst i had is the same as the courts pic
              sigpic
              stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
              M.U.F.C.
              http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

cool

Comment

Does it tell you anywhere which MY car you have?

Not sure if mine is a MY07.

Comment

here's the pics, as you can see its definitely changed from the old standard,

Comment

Originally posted by shadbor
                      here's the pics, as you can see its definitely changed from the old standard,

You would think that maybe the sharper bends aren't ideal?
                      I know they used to spend massive amounts of time on the production line trying to get the damn things lined up Maybe the new design is easier to get in the middle of the cut-out?
                      sigpic

Comment

angles of last pipe are same as the old standard and are still tighter radi than the milltek, just wondering what the difference is between the old standard and new one, build quality deffo looks better, just trying to think why vaux did this, there were no known probs witht the old one?

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKVXR
                          You would think that maybe the sharper bends aren't ideal?
                          I know they used to spend massive amounts of time on the production line trying to get the damn things lined up Maybe the new design is easier to get in the middle of the cut-out?
                          in fact i dont think they spend much time at all on the production line lining them up, when i saw my car 5 days before i picked it up the exhaust was no where near centred or at the right level, i did'nt say anything as i was in a rush and the person showing me the car in the compound had nothing to do with that sort of stuff, but when i picked it up it was perfect, so i think getting it right is usually down to the people doing the PDI. good old vauxhall at least they get it right in the end bless em

Comment

did you say diameter of bore for milltek is same as standard zaust no way standard aint 62mm more like 52mm
                            Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

Originally posted by corsasrisilver
                              did you say diameter of bore for milltek is same as standard zaust no way standard aint 62mm more like 52mm
                              try reading the thread before you post :? , ive never said that, why would anyone buy a milltek if that was the case?

think you might have misunderstood the term radi, radi is not diameter/bore it is refering to angles, i refered to the standard box having sharper bends than the milltek.

Comment

Working...
                              X