Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's declared their mods on their insurance?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's declared their mods on their insurance?

How much extra did it cost on your insurance??

£140 with 8 months to go. This was from standard to S3, declaring exhaust, brakes, intercooler and +24% Engine performance.

Comment

Thats a slight bit cheaper than i've been quoted just for my Milltek alone lol.

Comment

I'm with Admiral, 28 with 4 years no claims, no points, accidents or convictions, plus my wife on policy. Paid £560ish originally for 12K miles full comp.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi
          I'm with Admiral, 28 with 4 years no claims, no points, accidents or convictions, plus my wife on policy. Paid £560ish originally for 12K miles full comp.
          that sounds a good price.
          im with direct line and i have heard there not to happy about insuring modded cars
          anybody else with direct line that has declared a few engine mods?

Comment

i was charged £35 i think to declare the exhaust and £45 for a remap although when i said about the power increase i said it was going from 260bhp to 285bhp but never went ahead with the remap yet. got my insurance renewal just now and they want £20 more than last year, this is elephant but admiral are quoting me £20 cheaper than elephant so going to phone elephant and see what they can do

Comment

Yeah think they're not a bad insurer. Only problem now is that's the limit of mods they'll let me do to engine. Next time I'll probably switch to Adrian Flux or someone similar that isn't too panicking about modded cars.

Did do a confused search using my details and declaring the mods and not 1 company would give an online quote, think it's basically as they need the underwriters to check out whether they would insure and also how much extra.

Best bet is just call round em all, or find a broker that'll do it for you.

Comment

Yeah think they're not a bad insurer. Only problem now is that's the limit of mods they'll let me do to engine. Next time I'll probably switch to Adrian Flux or someone similar that isn't too panicking about modded cars.

Did do a confused search using my details and declaring the mods and not 1 company would give an online quote, think it's basically as they need the underwriters to check out whether they would insure and also how much extra.

i tried adrian flux
                43 full no claims and just the milltek they would not give me insurance
                also you take a hell of a risk by not telling them can you afford to buy yourself a new vxr ?????????????????????????????

Comment

I'm with Adrian Flux and have been for 4 years and I had no probs insuring my VXR or the vx220.

28 with 6yrs ncb with 1 non fault accident and 0 points.

Do you live in a high crime zone? tell them about previous high performance cars that you have owned and they take that into consideration!

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by michael parkes

i tried adrian flux
                    43 full no claims and just the milltek they would not give me insurance
                    also you take a hell of a risk by not telling them can you afford to buy yourself a new VXR ?????????????????????????????
                    i had a similar thing with adrian flux, full no claims,no confictions im 27,and they quoted over £2000 iirc!
                    that was for a standard vxr.
                    anybody with direct line with mods?

Comment

Insurance

Hi,

I am new here but would just liek to say I have just had my insurance throught for my VXR I picked up 3 weeks ago it cost me £620. still standard car. I am 26 5 years no claims, 6 points now was 9 and 1 single car accident that was my fault. That is with tesco.

Comment

Equity Red Star (Adrian Flux)
                        fully comp, i'm 24 with 4yrs protected ncb x standard VXR my insurance was 600 with vauxhall own insurance, had to change tho cos one mention of remap and they were off the phone like a rocket x alot of companies did this tho x
                        now with 10k or so worth of mods on car my insurance is 1200 but it didn't even go up when i told them about the carbon bonnet etc x

Comment

£10,000 worth of mods? Are you sure? I can count about 4 or 5 lol.

Comment

No wait. I just got my calculator out. Probably more than 10k isn't it. Thats alot of mods lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Adski
                              £10,000 worth of mods? Are you sure? I can count about 4 or 5 lol.
                              just added them up and it's roughly 11,900 lol x

Comment

Working...
                              X