This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• now im booked for s3 i need a good camera detector

after april 10th im gonna be careful but i feel i need to buy a good speed camera detector. I need one that pics up hand held guns, vans in laybys, static ones, fixed ones ya know a good range. I have had a road angel but was not impressed at all
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Re: now im booked for s3 i need a good camera detector

Originally posted by corsasrisilver
    after april 10th im gonna be careful but i feel i need to buy a good speed camera detector. I need one that pics up hand held guns, vans in laybys, static ones, fixed ones ya know a good range. I have had a road angel but was not impressed at all
    I use TomTom 6 with the Speed Camera database downloads from Pocket GPRS world, split by camera type with the latest mobile positions included. Regular updates for £19 a year. Off duty Police people use it....apparently....
    sigpic

Comment

i have a tom tom 910 is that ok it shows fixed cameras well but what bout static ones etc

Comment

i have a tom tom 910 is that ok it shows fixed cameras well but what bout static ones etc
        You can load the speed camera database on to it just the same
        sigpic

Comment

wat and itll pick up hand held guns

Comment

An email I got regarding Laser detection (hand held guns) from a dealer:

Laser detection is hit & miss, it hits you and you have missed the opportunity to do anything. If your reactions are faster than the speed of light you will be fine. The only occasion you may get a useful advance warning is if they are targeting vehicles in front of you on a straight road and at the time the fraction of a second pulse goes through you are in perfect line of sight with the van, the target and you.

I believe that the chance of this is slim, RoadPilot have dropped Laser detection from their products as have Snooper and other manufacturers.

--- I have road pilot micro go and was looking to add the laser kit to it. Not worth it!!!

Comment

Re: now im booked for s3 i need a good camera detector

i thought you were going to courts?
              i can`t keep up

Comment

thay wont have him lol as far a im know anything that picks up lasers hand helds have just become out lawed if you get court useing one its a fine and as been said by the time it goes off its too late thay have you.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Did anyone see the programme on ITV last week about speed/laser guns, very interesting. They done a test with a laser gun & showed how inaccurate they are. They directed the gun @ a car travelling towards them @ 15mph whilst passing a parked car & it gave a reading of around 43mph They also took a reading of a parked car & this also gave a reading, apparently the spread of the laser @ 1000 mtrs is I think around 8ft, the police in this country can zap you @ around 2000 mtrs( I stand to be corrected) so what would the spread be @ this distance The police even admitted that the guns were not calibrated as often as they should.
                  In the States these guns are resticted for use at a far less distance than in this country & cannot be used when it raining or snowing - something else that apparenlty causes issues!

Comment

going for the bigger ic mate :wink:

Comment

good lad

Comment

bigger is not always better

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi
                          dont start that debate again please

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Originally posted by leepy
                              good lad
                              out of interest, how many times have you had to change your sig?
                              every time i look your getting a stage 3 from somebody different

Comment

Working...
                              X