This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Exhausts

Speaking to a guy this morning about new tyres and a strut brace and he was asking about my mods including Milltek etc and he said that Janspeed and Remus are going to produce exhausts for the VXR.

Bring on the next big debate I can hardly wait......"my exhaust gives 50 bhp more than yours" :wink:

Havent seen or heard either but obviously the Milltek is better as i have one fitted

if i can remember correctly i believe remus produce the standard exhaust on the corsa VXR and probably the rest of the VXR range,
    mate if im correct i though you produced your own system at one stage, the turdex, used dunny paper rolls, plumming pipes sourced from b&q and electrical tap, some sort of Macgyver job

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie
      if i can remember correctly i believe remus produce the standard exhaust on the corsa VXR and probably the rest of the VXR range,
      mate if im correct i though you produced your own system at one stage, the turdex, used dunny paper rolls, plumming pipes sourced from b&q and electrical tap, some sort of Macgyver job
      Yes and that produced more BHP than the Milltek too..... of course....lol
      sigpic

Comment

i have heard of a Remus one for the Astra VXR but unlike the miltec it will be a 3in bore as its been proven that the miltec is not free flowing enough even after it was asked for it to be done

Comment

Originally posted by alex_c
          i have heard of a Remus one for the Astra VXR but unlike the miltec it will be a 3in bore as its been proven that the miltec is not free flowing enough even after it was asked for it to be done
          Remus used to make the systems for Irmscher.
          Free flowing enough for what purpose though?
          I think you can make exhausts very free-flowing complete with a baked bean can on the end but then you lose too much back pressure and any sort of low end torque. I had a couple of scorpion Group A systems that did that So you design them with a specific purpose, but it has to be about compromise.
          sigpic

Comment

didnt milltek produce a 3" system with a 100 cell cat but didnt find much benift unless running a larger turbo?

still prefer Martins turdex

Comment

didnt milltek produce a 3" system with a 100 cell cat but didnt find much benift unless running a larger turbo?

depends how much he's gonna sell them for really x

Comment

Originally posted by LouiseVXR

depends how much he's gonna sell them for really x
                I had heard it would cost 2 packs of loo roll. I've also heard it'll be in silver packaging!! Martin, what are you thinking.. SILVER!! :wink:

Comment

Remus usually produce same bore exhausts with a less restrictive back box.

Gives a little more roar, but not much more power.

Comment

for the turdex you can source all the supplies at tescos and B&Q, its a do it yourself job and costs next to nothing and produces a deep raspy (almost wet fart like sound) that follows through

Comment

for the turdex you can source all the supplies at tescos and B&Q, its a do it yourself job and costs next to nothing and produces a deep raspy (almost wet fart like sound) that follows through
                      LMFAO!!!

well this is defo everyones cheaper option x

Comment

Ive gone underground (not the sewer) for further developement.

Comment

Could the 2.5" bore on the Milltek be changed for the 3" bore on this new one without changing the entire exhaust?

Comment

Originally posted by m4rtc
                            Ive gone underground (not the sewer) for further developement.
                            you going to price it somewhere between a miltek and a magnex :wink:

Comment

Would be nice to see/ hear a 3" exhaust as all the current 2.5 " exhausts Milltek - Magnex etc do sound like fighter air craft, this sound would suggest they are all on the limit .

That said to be fair to Milltek it was commisioned by Vauxhall for the standard car not ones running at 280+ BHP ! But you only have to look at the equvilant Subaru, EVO, and even the RS Focus and as standard they are all on 3." or just under from the factory.

Comment

Working...
                              X