• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gringosteve
    VXRed blooded
    • 6 March 2007

VXRPC

Hi,

Is VXRPC a vauxhall owned company? How is it related to the VXR brand? And are there ECU changes warrantied?

Ta

Steve
  • LouiseVXR
    Are all cats Evil ?
    • 13 January 2006

any Tuning work done at VXRPC is warrentied hun x

Just like any other Tuner x my car is heavily modded and my dealership know i have my work done there and my car is still under vauxhall warrenty aswell so it's all good x

Comment

• IanVXR
      Are you VXR enough?
      • 18 April 2006

Hi Steve.

VXRPC is the VXR Performance Centre based in Banbury at Triple Eight Engineering. Triple Eight are the people who 'do' the touring cars for Vauxhall and the VXRPC is backed by Vauxhall also.

I believe that if something fails as a result of the ECU remap then it will be fixed by the tuner. Naturally the standard Vauxhall warranty doesn't cover this but most tuners pick this up instead.

Many cars, on this forum and other forums, have been remapped with no problems so far.

More information can be found here:

Ian

Comment

• LouiseVXR
        Are all cats Evil ?
        • 13 January 2006

Glad you're brains back Ian, lol x i couldn't think of how to word it x

Comment

• VX Mel
          VXR Torque of the Devil
          • 22 October 2006

I am also a VXRPC car, never had any problems what so ever

Comment

• Insignia VXR
            VXR enough
            • 12 January 2006

Re: VXRPC

Originally posted by gringosteve
            Hi,

Is VXRPC a vauxhall owned company? How is it related to the VXR brand? And are there ECU changes warrantied?

Ta

Steve
            Steve,

My understanding was different but I could be wrong.
            Normally any sort of ECU remapping will completely invalidate your VX warranty on the engine. I'm sure Stu or Dougie could confirm.
            It then normally passes to your tuner to sort out repair to any large expensive bits of metal your new map may have had some influence on knackering :wink:
            You should be okay with the major tuners though just ask about what warranty limit they offer before spending your hard earned!

hth
            sigpic

Comment

• LouiseVXR
              Are all cats Evil ?
              • 13 January 2006

Originally posted by BLACKVXR
              Hi,

Ta

Steve
              Steve,

Normally any sort of ECU remapping will completely invalidate your VX warranty on the engine. I'm sure Stu or Dougie could confirm.
              It then normally passes to your tuner to sort out repair to any large expensive bits of metal your new map may have had some influence on knackering :wink:
              You should be okay with the major tuners though just ask about what warranty limit they offer before spending your hard earned!

hth
              well if thats the case then why isn't my warrenty invalid then? x

Comment

• m4rtc
                VXR enough
                • 17 May 2006

Originally posted by LouiseVXR
                Hi,

Ta

Steve
                Steve,

hth
                I think the issue is, do we really know?
                Its easy to say yes ive been told its under warranty but wait until the 1st tuned car goes bang. See how good the warrantys are then.

Comment

• LouiseVXR
                  Are all cats Evil ?
                  • 13 January 2006

Originally posted by m4rtc
                  Originally posted by LouiseVXR
                  Hi,

Ta

Steve
                  Steve,

hth
                  I think the issue is, do we really know?
                  Its easy to say yes ive been told its under warranty but wait until the 1st tuned car goes bang. See how good the warrantys are then.
                  that is a very good point x

Comment

• Redvxr23
                    VXR enough
                    • 6 October 2006

Well you have to ask TROGGER that or aka STIM ????? something like that lol

Comment

• m4rtc
                      VXR enough
                      • 17 May 2006

Originally posted by M1-8hav
                      Well you have to ask TROGGER that or aka STIM ????? something like that lol
                      His wasnt tuned when it went bang though so it was replaced no problem.

Comment

• Thorney
                        VXR enough
                        • 16 January 2006

VXRPC is a completely separate company to Vauxhall and like any tuner their remaps are not covered by Vauxhalls warranty but by their own.

Comment

• IanVXR
                          Are you VXR enough?
                          • 18 April 2006

Originally posted by Thorney
                          VXRPC is a completely separate company to Vauxhall and like any tuner their remaps are not covered by Vauxhalls warranty but by their own.
                          Separate company yes, but still backed by Vauxhall nonetheless.

Comment

• Thorney
                            VXR enough
                            • 16 January 2006

Oh sure. However the question is regards warranty and thats a separate matter.

Comment

• VX Mel
                              VXR Torque of the Devil
                              • 22 October 2006

Originally posted by Thorney
                              Oh sure. However the question is regards warranty and thats a separate matter.
                              if my radio fails its covered by VX if my miltek falls off its covered by VXRPC... the car is covered just some bits by VX some by VXRPC.

Comment

Working...