This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, and a couple of questions

Just thought I would say hello. Having got my Astra VXR 4 weeks ago and still simling everytime I get in it, I thought it was about time I look for a forum in case I needed any help. You guys seemed to come top of nearly all the list I looked over so here I am. One thing I have noticed thought is that my VXR centre console is Black has anyone else got this??? I think it is new for 2007. Also, is there anywhere along the South Coast that anyone knows of, ideally around the southampton area, that can do an ECU re-map the give me a bit more power without voiding the warranty. Thanks

piano black is new for the 07.5 models and Regals will be your closest tuner mate.

Congrats on the car and happy motoring.

Comment

Hi zerog, i think Regal are down your way.
      I would call them about the warranty issues though, never dealt with them.
      Any pics of the centre console?

Comment

OK Shane just beat me to that post

Comment

Hello and welcome to the site.

I believe Regal are in the South of the country??? You warranty would become void (on the engine only) but the tuner will take over the warranty.

BTW - the 'bit more power' is actually a much nicer car believe it or not. You should see about 265-270bhp after a remap.

Comment

as Aussie said, Regal Motorsport is your best bet on tuning x

welcome to the site

oh and yeah the new centre console that theyve brought out is the one in yours x

Comment

Thanks for the quick replys. Fastest I have seen on a forum in a while. I will get some pic up for all to see of the centre console when I get 5 minutes to do so. Thanks again

Comment

yeah mate regal are in southampton belgrave road, ask for chris if you phone
                Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

Originally posted by IanVXR

I believe Regal are in the South of the country??? You warranty would become void (on the engine only) but the tuner will take over the warranty.

BTW - the 'bit more power' is actually a much nicer car believe it or not. You should see about 265-270bhp after a remap.
                  Ian they quoted that they will get it from standard up to 275bhp with 285ft lbs torque. They told me it would cost 560 with all the work done. That includes re-map plus iridum spark pluggs and K&N panel filter. Is this a good price and can I expect these sort of power gains from a re-map and a few little tweeks???

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroG
                    Originally posted by IanVXR

Ian they quoted that they will get it from standard up to 275bhp with 285ft lbs torque. They told me it would cost 560 with all the work done. That includes re-map plus iridum spark pluggs and K&N panel filter. Is this a good price and can I expect these sort of power gains from a re-map and a few little tweeks???
                    Yeah that's pretty standard figures/price. Note it does say upto 275bhp. It varies from car to car. Regal's rolling road appears to give higher figures than the other rolling roads. Rolling roads have been done to death on here though!

When you drive a stage 1 car you will be shocked (unless you are used to fast cars - I wasn't!) at the difference it makes.

Comment

To give you a little back ground on me. I have had a multitude of cars mainly vauxhall as my father used to work for them so I get a large discount on them. Did own a supra twin turbo once when I was young 21 to be excat and that was a great car until I revers parked it rather quickly into a lamp post. Then went back to normal astras and now have just got back into fast cars again just sold my nissan skyline, and got this astra brind new, and absolutly love it. The other cars where great but the astra just does it for me with the grip. It just feels like a little un taimed animal and I love the challenge of taming it . Anyway thats me. I have done up cars in the past but never a new one so I am still feeling my way round a little so any help will be great. In return any computer problems let me know and I can try and help if need be.

Thanks

ZeroG

Comment

I was the same. I wasn't sure whether to get mine remapped, first new car and first fast car too! I had also never modified a car before either. After hearing good things I decided to go for it and have never regreted it. The car is SO much fun to drive! I got the remap back in April last year and have done almost 20k with the map on now, just under 26k in total.

I have plenty of computer problems as I have to use one everyday. I'm a software developer btw!

Comment

Right then Ian, I have been working in IT support for the last 10 years and now have my own computer services business and have done for 3 years. so you ever want anything I can sort you out if need be.

Comment

Seems like the questions have been answered but.....

Welcome to the site

Comment

Welcome
                              sigpic
                              More than 34,900 viewings and counting
                              Click Here to.................
                              See My Wheels
                              See My Wife's EX Wheels now Sold

Comment

Working...
                              X