This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creaks

Anyone had any experience of creaks coming from the back end somewhere. It only seems to happen at low speed with a bit of lock on, suspect it may be a bush on the twistbeam.

I haven't had a mosy around underneath yet, just thought i'd check if it was a typical occurence.

Cheers

Not yet, but I do have a 'squeaky' clutch pedal which is somewhat irratating, however I'll get this looked at when it goes in for service.

Comment

Re: Creaks

Originally posted by Pininfarina22
      Anyone had any experience of creaks coming from the back end somewhere. It only seems to happen at low speed with a bit of lock on, suspect it may be a bush on the twistbeam.

I haven't had a mosy around underneath yet, just thought i'd check if it was a typical occurence.

Cheers
      you may need to get the rear hatch tightened- have the same problem on my zaffy VXR, mate of mine is a vaux tech & he said that its quite common across th range

Comment

i found that the 5th step on my stairs has a very loud creak and have to avoid at 6 every morning ,

no but seriously i did have 1 for about 3 months when i first got the car at the rear offside quarter when i pushed on the back end but it stopped doing it in dec and the only squeaking now is when i decide to hit the sports button on the motorways when playing with others is the wifes assssssssss
        sigpic
        stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
        M.U.F.C.
        http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

SQUEAK

ITS THE REAR SUSPENSION BUSHES.
          Had loads of noise from them.

Cure is white grease either from Dealer or DIY. Mine had none so jacked up a side at a time and sprayed between rubber bushes and frame. 3 goes.
          Was a post one time too.

All gone now for 10K.
          Safe Driving ! Andy

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi
            Not yet, but I do have a 'squeaky' clutch pedal which is somewhat irratating, however I'll get this looked at when it goes in for service.
            i remember novas suffering badly with that.(not that i ever owned one )

Comment

Working...
            X