This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black is beggining to do my head in lol

This black colour is doing my nut in i clean it turn around and its covered in dust again looks very nice and clean when wet but soon as it drys it seems to show every blemish be it dust, swirls scratches watever. aarrrggghhh
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Re: black is beggining to do my head in lol

Originally posted by corsasrisilver
    This black colour is doing my nut in i clean it turn around and its covered in dust again looks very nice and clean when wet but soon as it drys it seems to show every blemish be it dust, swirls scratches watever. aarrrggghhh
    are they not all the same?
    i guess silver`s probably better than the rest but my arden blue seems covered in sheet every time it rains

Comment

Re: black is beggining to do my head in lol

Originally posted by corsasrisilver
      Yes but for the 3 seconds it stays clean after you have spent 4 hours detailling it, it makes it all worth while.....oh hang on thinking about it.....:? :? :wink:
      sigpic

Comment

It is really annoying I agree but the other colours may not show the dirt as bad cos instead they look dull and flat, at least with black you can see its dirt.

I never wash my car anywhere other than home with two buckets and meguiars wash mit, dry with megiuars drying towel and then put both in the wash before using again. Prevent the swirls rather than trying to remove them after, really annoys me cos I used to always use the Jet wash but i Refuse to touch my car with any brush, one wash and its covered in swirls, did it at start until I worked out why it was getting so bad.

Still prefer my black one to my first blue one.

Comment

how big are the drying towels

Comment

This extra large (70cm x 55cm) microfibre drying towel absorbs three times the water of traditional terry towels and gives fast, spot-free results. Machine washable.

http://www.vertar.com/meguiars/megui...-drying-towel/

Comment

and that one towel will completely dry the whole car after a wash will it?

Comment

If you rinse your car with a slow running hose or ideally the nosel thats like a watering can you car will almost dry itself(if its wax'd often enough), I then lay the towel out flat on say half the bonet then pull it slowly down and off the front and eh presto half the bonet is dry, same works on the sides, full size flat and gently pull it along the car, maybe rinse couple of times but thats really it.

Beats any other method ive tried, and leathers did always leave more scratches and swirls. I always rinsed with the little power washer but all that does is cover your car in thousands of little beads that then just sit there and dry leaving spots or continually rinsing of the towel cos theres so much water.

Comment

Yep all the other colours look dull

i think not

Comment

No sorry you miss understood me, when it rains and you go out on the dirty winter roads black actually shows the dirt whereas the other colours dont really show the dirty as such they just go flat and dull.

Comment

Originally posted by Daz_vxr
                      Yep all the other colours look dull

i think not
                      Yeah...I know what you mean

sigpic
                      My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

A guy on hear cleaned his and it looked amazing.

Your tellng me you dont like this

sigpic

Comment

I agree with that, it CAN look good...

Comment

yeah every car can when its been cleaned up just lasts about 5 seconds lol, sorry prob me having a bad day i do love it really just annoyed me as i cleaned it and then it was covered in dust

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Mike
                              If you rinse your car with a slow running hose or ideally the nosel thats like a watering can you car will almost dry itself(if its wax'd often enough), I then lay the towel out flat on say half the bonet then pull it slowly down and off the front and eh presto half the bonet is dry, same works on the sides, full size flat and gently pull it along the car, maybe rinse couple of times but thats really it.

Beats any other method ive tried, and leathers did always leave more scratches and swirls. I always rinsed with the little power washer but all that does is cover your car in thousands of little beads that then just sit there and dry leaving spots or continually rinsing of the towel cos theres so much water.
                              snap thats exactly what i do then just squezze rinse it when it's soaking , very easy to clean i think the swirls are on my car but you have to look very close , and black looks the nut's when clean
                              sigpic
                              stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                              M.U.F.C.
                              http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                              X