This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearly here!

Apparently my car is sat at Zeebrugee waiting for a ship to bring it here. So im guessing it will be in the UK sometime over the weekend.

Not sure how long it will be before I get it...any ideas??

Wheres it coming from?
    Do all cars get made outside the UK?

Comment

They are made in belgium :wink:

Comment

The cars are made in Belgium and shipped from Zeebrugee. I think it could take another week before you get the car though maybe more. It has to be shipped over here, then transported to your dealer and then the PDI check needs to be done. You dealer *should* be able to give you an estimated delivery date. I would expect within two weeks though.

We understand the anticipation though...some of us waited over six months for our cars as the first batch were delayed at the end of 2005!! So worth the wait though.

Comment

He was under the impression it might be next week some time, but by the sounds of it he was just guessing.

What does the PDI involve..is it a long process?

Comment

Originally posted by gringosteve
            He was under the impression it might be next week some time, but by the sounds of it he was just guessing.

What does the PDI involve..is it a long process?
            I think it depends on when the ship actually ships. Your car could be at the port for a few days. I'm not sure though. It also depends on how long the car is sat with the car transporters.

The PDI is just some checks the dealer will do. Removing shipping packaging, checking fluid levels etc and also giving the car a good clean! Can be done in a day but the dealer has to fit it in around their other work so it might not be done the same day the car arrives!

Comment

Re: Nearly here!

Originally posted by gringosteve
              Apparently my car is sat at Zeebrugee waiting for a ship to bring it here. So im guessing it will be in the UK sometime over the weekend.

Not sure how long it will be before I get it...any ideas??
              when did you order it mate iam still waiting its killing me

Comment

Only ordered it a week and a half ago :-)

The car was near the end of the production line when I stuck my name on it....Basically having the standard car so no need to wait for it to be built from scratch

Comment

Originally posted by IanVXR
                  I think it depends on when the ship actually ships. Your car could be at the port for a few days. I'm not sure though. It also depends on how long the car is sat with the car transporters.
                  Ian...this is all bringing back very bad memories you know
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X