Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Superchip makes ecu warenty invalid.... im now told!!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superchip makes ecu warenty invalid.... im now told!!!!!!

Took my car on Tuesday to Nidd vale at Wetherby, my car has full magnex and is superchipped and whan cold and turbo is used the engine managment light comes on and the car goes into limp mode.I was told after a 55 pound charge that the ecu says the car is over fueling and becuase i had superchip re map the ecu it makes warenty invalid. Motorscope at northalerton say that it should be covered still and dont worry about the light its nothing. Anybody any ideas what to do? I have cotacted another superchip dealer who wants to test drive my car with a boost guage plugged on, re map back to standard then re- chip. At least £600 later!!!!Goes healthy when its warm and like it, any other mods i can do which you think will please me?????

You have got to go to the company who chipped your car and get them to sort it out Free of Charge if the fault is created by their work
    sigpic
    More than 34,900 viewings and counting
    Click Here to.................
    See My Wheels
    See My Wife's EX Wheels now Sold

Comment

yeh call thorney and have a chat to him , he developed the superchip so will no more than a superchip dealer :wink:

good luck andy

Comment

Yeah, and dont let them tell you that the warning light is normal. If you get no satisfaction demand a full refund and get it to another tuner

Comment

Trouble is i had it chipped in Jan, light came on nearly straight away, i phoned and was told it was just for safety and not to worry. Since it has been on 4 times and was told at the launch of the corsa vxr that it was not normal and to take it to my local dealer. Who do i contact?
          Cheers

Comment

Go to the chip company,if they have known about the problem since you had it done all the more reason for them to sort it FOC
            sigpic
            More than 34,900 viewings and counting
            Click Here to.................
            See My Wheels
            See My Wife's EX Wheels now Sold

Comment

Originally posted by rico8070
              Trouble is i had it chipped in Jan, light came on nearly straight away, i phoned and was told it was just for safety and not to worry. Since it has been on 4 times and was told at the launch of the corsa VXR that it was not normal and to take it to my local dealer. Who do i contact?
              Cheers
              Youll have to go back to the company that did it. If they are official superchip dealers you coulds request the TMS map.

Comment

A warning light is not normal, is it the light with a spanner in it.

is it always on or does it come on and go off.

contact superchips if you have any further agro and get them to tell the dealer to put it back to standard.

if it runs the same with the standard map then there is a problem with a sensor or simular, you can then goto another dealer and get it sorted out and then re-map it.

If not then the code maybe to blame, superchips are normally very helpful and will get your car in to check it out for you.

they have not left me in the dark in the past.

first port of call is the supplying dealer of the remap, the light is not normal, the light is a warning telling you there is a problem.

do not panic too much, it may look like a chrismas tree at the moment but its there to warn against problems if you run it too long with a dodgy sensor.

Comment

Trouble is i had it chipped in Jan, light came on nearly straight away, i phoned and was told it was just for safety and not to worry. Since it has been on 4 times and was told at the launch of the corsa VXR that it was not normal and to take it to my local dealer. Who do i contact?
                  Cheers
                  What does the SUPERCHIPS warranty offer?

In the extremely unlikely event of a Superchip being responsible for causing damage to your vehicle, Superchips will, under the terms and conditions of our warranty, repair your vehicle.
                  We arrange for an independent assessor to evaluate the problem and to arrange for the repair of your vehicle quickly and professionally.
                  The warranty is not intended to replace the existing warranty provided by the manufacturer, but will supplement it to cover the parts deemed to be excluded by the manufacturer. Full terms and conditions are available upon request.

01280 816781
                  sigpic

Comment

Thankyou very much, you guys know your stuff. Th light only comes on when cold, i just pull up turn off car then re start and go and it will be fine. Its only ever done it 5 times, three times at the same time one night.Car goes very well otherwise.If i let it warm first eg 2to3 miles its perfect no problems.
                    Really dont want to go back to motorscope, phoned them a few times this week and get the impression im doing there heads in.4th car ive had chipped and first with any prob.

Comment

for a starters rico i wouldnt have paid the £55 if it's still under warranty should have just gone in and got them to check it , also you dont want to be paying anymore to superchips if they have f***ed up they should fix it mate :?
                      sigpic
                      stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                      M.U.F.C.
                      http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Thankyou very much, you guys know your stuff. Th light only comes on when cold, i just pull up turn off car then re start and go and it will be fine. Its only ever done it 5 times, three times at the same time one night.Car goes very well otherwise.If i let it warm first eg 2to3 miles its perfect no problems.
                        Really dont want to go back to motorscope, phoned them a few times this week and get the impression im doing there heads in.4th car ive had chipped and first with any prob.
                        Rico I would suggest you ask for the TMS map to be put on to replace yours - same price so no issue there.
                        SC HQ is in Buckingham and they are usually very professional and helpful.
                        sigpic

Comment

I know your right but was a very little man when facing two blonde pre historic women, one fat pie eating bloke and two skinny kid going on men in that reception.

Comment

BLACKVXR

Could maybe not only sort it but tune a bit further, noticed on Thorney site that theres plenty to do. Have you tuned yours?

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
                              for a starters rico i wouldnt have paid the £55 if it's still under warranty should have just gone in and got them to check it , also you dont want to be paying anymore to superchips if they have f***ed up they should fix it mate :?
                              Nice motor, need to use this site more!

Comment

Working...
                              X