This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Power Mag

Just got a txt off a mate who's got the new Max Power mag early (apparently out today but i wouldn't of known that )
    Anyway, there's a VXR in there
    and funnily enough Aussie it's the elusive one from Castle Combe that never turned up
    Says it's running 320bhp according to my mate
    the mag claims though it's the fastest in the UK :? (*mumbles to herself about remembering a certain VXR running 360bhp*) lol x
    anyway, i'm more than sure it's worth a look and good on the guy for getting a mag feature x

Sounds good. I'll have to have a little read of my brothers when he gets it

Comment

Originally posted by Adski
      Sounds good. I'll have to have a little read of my brothers when he gets it
      cheap skate (kidding hun)

Comment

No not atall, i just refuse to buy that magazine lol.

Comment

Re: Max Power Mag

Originally posted by LouiseVXR
          Just got a txt off a mate who's got the new Max Power mag early (apparently out today but i wouldn't of known that )
          and funnily enough Aussie it's the elusive one from Castle Combe that never turned up
          the mag claims though it's the fastest in the UK :? (*mumbles to herself about remembering a certain VXR running 360bhp*) lol x
          anyway, i'm more than sure it's worth a look and good on the guy for getting a mag feature x
          Yeah thats what i thought? Apparently done by a place called Trac - Art locally to me, and running around 361bhp i read??
          sigpic
          My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

Theres a thread on here about that car isn't there?

Comment

yeah there is somewhere x i think they just didn't know about that one i may send them an email lol x
              and yeah i normally wouldn't bother buying it but i'm gonna lol x

Comment

Originally posted by Dazturbo6502
                Yeah thats what i thought? Apparently done by a place called Trac - Art locally to me, and running around 361bhp i read??
                This one?
                http://www.trac-art.com/projects.aspx?mode=D&ID=20
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKVXR
                  Originally posted by Dazturbo6502
                  This one?
                  http://www.trac-art.com/projects.aspx?mode=D&ID=20
                  yep yep, that'd be the one x

Comment

Apparently you can also get a 360Lbft(488nm) torque upgrade, which doesn't require gearbox changing which I find hard to believe given the M32 is only rated to 320Nm, even taking into consideration the tolerances built into the box I would have serious issue running this kind of power through the box continually.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi
                      Apparently you can also get a 360Lbft(488nm) torque upgrade, which doesn't require gearbox changing which I find hard to believe given the M32 is only rated to 320Nm, even taking into consideration the tolerances built into the box I would have serious issue running this kind of power through the box continually.

probably wont be apparent straight away until your a good 500 miles from home i wouldnt like to be the one to test out that gear box theory

as for the 361bhp, now thats a bit of a beast, interested to know how that airbox mod works, its just an open box unit with a k&n pannel filter sitting on top exposed!

Comment

The Trac-Art one is now almost 400bhp with a boost upgrade. however they are now near the limits of the internals again.

LSD and upgraded clutch are necessary !

Comment

400bhp bl*ody hell now that would be like driving on ice

now we know it can be done

Comment

With that much bhp and no lsd a 300 bhp Astra may well be faster

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie
                              Originally posted by AlexFi

probably wont be apparent straight away until your a good 500 miles from home i wouldnt like to be the one to test out that gear box theory

as for the 361bhp, now thats a bit of a beast, interested to know how that airbox mod works, its just an open box unit with a k&n pannel filter sitting on top exposed!
                              Probably just get into the start of my street and then I'd hear a lovely grinding noise

Comment

Working...
                              X