This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New car mats

As u can see I have been a member for a while, but today I traded in my rx8 for a brand new hardon blue :wink: with 19's. Please can someone advise me where's the best place to get the vxr mats from or r there any better alternatives. All dealers reckon they have to order them in, but I haven't even seen any yet so if anyone has a photo or link i'd be most grateful. Last thing dealer reckons stickin normal unleaded in, but as i've read on here super is better. The local tescos super is only 97 ron (rather than 99 at some tesco garages). Is this any good or shall i just use morrisons 95 ron, or pay mega bucks and travel for shell v power.

Sorry for the long post.

Here ya go http://www.vauxhall-accessories.com/...0&item_id=2160

Comment

i can honestly say, i use 95 ron, and i have run it on shell opti, for quite a while, and i didnt notice a difference.

Comment

Can run standard car on 95 perfectly fine. I did for 13K miles. Car does run better with 97+, but difference is not that noticeable.

Comment

Thanks for the posts. Them mats are spot on and will be ordered today. Had a rx8 before which ran on 95 ron. Thought my petrol bills would be about the same in the vxr cause i was planning on putting in super. Gonna save a few quid now just using morrisons 95 ron.

Comment

the irscher mats are very nice and exellent quality, a few mwnbers as wellas my self have gone for them over the vx vxr mats.

Comment

Jimster - please don't develop the impression that 99RON doesn't make a difference to the VXR:

1. Throttle response is better
              2. The engine is smoother
              3. Torque at low revs is stronger
              4. The engine pulls to the red line better without any perceptible power loss at high revs
              5. Economy is better
              6. Power delivery is more consistent
              7. Vauxhall actually recommends 99RON for maximum power/economy.

You get what you pay for in this world. If you are prepared to compromise the overall performance of the car then use a lower quality fuel. Personally, I don't see the point of this if you have bought a VXR in the first place, but it's up to you.

In addition, the better economy you'll get with 99RON will offset the additional cost, plus you get the benefit of all the additives (if you use V-Power) that will help keep your engine clean.

If you want to get the most out of your VXR stick Super/99RON in it.

I personally use V-Power exclusively.

Andy

Comment

Also to note that if you use 95 ron petrol you'll get a flat spot at around 3k revs. Quite annoying when you're going for it!!

The handbook recommends 97 ron petrol rather than 99 ron specifically (unless that has changed in the newer models?). If you have tried a super unleaded fuel and not found any different, bare in mind that it will take at least 2 tanks fills for the old stuff to be flushed out and the ecu to adjust to the new ron.

Comment

i agree wiyh VXRNUTTER the differance between 95 and vpower is very noticable , if i cant get to shell and have to put some other fuel in i can really notice it :?

Comment

VXR manual specifies 98RON for maximum performance.

98RON wasn't available in the UK hence 97RON is the default choice until Tesco99 and V-Power were released relatively recently.

Andy

Comment

Thanks folks. I'll try a couple a couple of tanks of tescos super because its really well priced where I live. The only problem is it says its only 97 ron when the other tescos i've been too say 99 ron. I suppose its better than 95 whtever it is.

Comment

Working...
                      X