This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HI im new so please be gental

Hello, Im shane just joined the site looking very good i have to say, Im looking in to buying a brand new Astra VXR in the next month or so, This will be the 1st time i have owned a brand new car

I have been reading a few worrying report's on a few sites regarding the VXR ie Cluthces breacking at 5000 miles, Bits of car falling, Crap customer Service. Is there other problems people are having??

I have looked at the Honda Civic Type R and my head says buy it it wont cause you any problems, But then i love the look and the noise of the turbo on the astra VXR. Hopefully u guys can show me that this cars are awsome

Thanks
    Shane

Mod Note: Shane, I moved your post from 'Users cars' to "Chat about" - Bo55

Comment

Re: HI im new so please be gental

Originally posted by Shane
      Hello, Im shane just joined the site looking very good i have to say, Im looking in to buying a brand new Astra VXR in the next month or so, This will be the 1st time i have owned a brand new car

I have been reading a few worrying report's on a few sites regarding the VXR ie Cluthces breacking at 5000 miles, Bits of car falling, Crap customer Service. Is there other problems people are having??

I have looked at the Honda Civic Type R and my head says buy it it wont cause you any problems, But then i love the look and the noise of the turbo on the astra VXR. Hopefully u guys can show me that this cars are awsome

Thanks
      Shane
      welcome shane, i have had no problem with my car,i have had a few cars this last 2 year and i got to say this is the best i have had.my car before this was a subaru impreza sti and that was a load of ****. that had 280 bhp but my vxr seems faster. the scooby was faster from standing cos it had 4 wheel drive.
      i would deffo go for a vxr you wont look back :wink:
      sigpic

Comment

Re: HI im new so please be gental

Thanks
        Shane
        to be fair i think most forums have problem posts about there cars.
        it seems 99% of people on hear do not suffer major problems,i.e clutch.
        the build quality could always be better but i must say i am quite impressed so far!
        the honda will no doubt be bolted together better but if its a pure drive your after then the vxr will be hard to beat

ps, WELCOME

Comment

Thankyou for the reply's. I did just look on the Honda Forum and did notice there suffer with a few problems aswell ie steering racks etc. VXR it is then i think, Now to pick the colour, its between the Blue, Red and Silver dont really want a red as last to cars were red but it does look stunning, dessions lol.

What is the astra like on fuel I have borrowed one for a few hours but couldnt really get an idea of it. I currently drive and trying to sell me 306 gti-6

Full tank is £56 of V power
          Miles 290 if carefully driven 220ish if thrashed a bit
          £20 bout 100 miles

Whats the Vxr like?

Ps thankyou BO55 VXR for moving my post to the correct place

Comment

Thankyou for the reply's. I did just look on the Honda Forum and did notice there suffer with a few problems aswell ie steering racks etc. VXR it is then i think, Now to pick the colour, its between the Blue, Red and Silver dont really want a red as last to cars were red but it does look stunning, dessions lol.

What is the astra like on fuel I have borrowed one for a few hours but couldnt really get an idea of it. I currently drive and trying to sell me 306 gti-6

£20 bout 100 miles

Whats the VXR like?

the astras tank holds about £40 worth of v-power,and if your carefull you`ll get 300 miles.
            if your a bit fruity with the go pedal then 220 miles.
            to be honest i like all the colours apart from black,silver and red

Comment

Now to pick the colour, its between the Blue, Red and Silver dont really want a red as last to cars were red but it does look stunning, dessions lol.
              Don't forget Black...

Comment

Originally posted by BO55 VXR
                Now to pick the colour, its between the Blue, Red and Silver dont really want a red as last to cars were red but it does look stunning, dessions lol.
                Don't forget Black...
                I cant have it in black to much hard work i think when there polished with no swirls lovely but if not then i cant deal with it lol, I think it will be the blue or silver

Comment

Originally posted by leepy

£20 bout 100 miles

Whats the VXR like?

the astras tank holds about £40 worth of v-power,and if your carefull you`ll get 300 miles.
                  if your a bit fruity with the go pedal then 220 miles.
                  to be honest i like all the colours apart from black,silver and red
                  Thats not to bad at all really i imagine alot of people get fruity with the go pedal as the noise is so addictive

Comment

welcome shane , i had a couple of teething problems but all sorted pretty quickly , i also think it looks better than the type r it's definately more of an headturner by a long mile , i have averaged 22.7 since i got the car in sept but i am on stage 3 and yeh what's wrong with black
                    sigpic
                    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                    M.U.F.C.
                    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
                      welcome shane , i had a couple of teething problems but all sorted pretty quickly , i also think it looks better than the type r it's definately more of an headturner by a long mile , i have averaged 22.7 since i got the car in sept but i am on stage 3 and yeh what's wrong with black
                      lol i would love to buy the car in black i really would, But i love having a spotless clean car and with black it aint gonna happen i would be trying to get swirls out and trying to dry it so quick to get no water marks lol

Comment

Hi Shane from another newbie here, currently got an EP3 civic type R and not interested in replacing it with the FN2 edition R so looking at the Astra VXR as a good fun replacement.

Cheers
                        AC

Comment

Originally posted by alpha charlie
                          Hi Shane from another newbie here, currently got an EP3 civic type R and not interested in replacing it with the FN2 edition R so looking at the Astra VXR as a good fun replacement.

Cheers
                          AC
                          Really u are thinking of selling the CTR to get the VXR. I have driven both i like them both the VXR feels so much quicker it maybe just the noise of the turbo

Comment

Bit random, but there was a **** hot CTR at Southend last night pi$$in over Evo's. Completely malestered me

Excuse the language

Comment

Originally posted by alpha charlie

Cheers
                              AC
                              Really u are thinking of selling the CTR to get the VXR. I have driven both i like them both the VXR feels so much quicker it maybe just the noise of the turbo
                              Indeed i am mate, had it 3 years now and even the the suspension and engine are tweaked its just not enough, unless i go forced induction which isnt really worth the money.
                              I reackon its down to a new/nearly new VXR or a couple of year old Scoobie STI.
                              AC

Comment

Working...
                              X