This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stone Chips & Primer

I noticed the other weekend after some long trips, I had picked up a couple of stone chips , one on the leading edge of the bonnet, down to the metal and something that skidded 3 times up the bonnet however the ones on the bonnet had just taken the flame red off and underneath it was a black base coat ! With the one on the leading edge you could see the outline of the black then a grey then the metal of the bonnet. I know this all sounds a bit **** but I've had loads of VXL 's over the years but have never seen any primer or undercoat in any thing other than grey/ white,
    Any one else noticed this yet ?
    And no I dont tailgate people exactly the opposite
    sigpic
    29 Years as Vauxhall Tuners

Na yours just has loads on underseal under the paint to slow it down!!!! and so as not to damage the paint when a pheasent hits it

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky
      Na yours just has loads on underseal under the paint to slow it down!!!! and so as not to damage the paint when a pheasent hits it
      Hey I only hit pheasents in other people's cars !!!! :P :P
      sigpic

Comment

I thought it was some of that military stealth radar deflecting paint !!!
        tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
        The truth is out there ...

Comment

Now that would be good
          sigpic

Comment

almost 3000 miles now on the clock and yeah have had to touch up about 5 small stone chips already, i have found the Halfords touch up kit works very well with the nip applicator

Comment

Agreed about the halfords stuff, just can't get the lid off ahhhhhhh

Comment

had to use my teeth the first time around and now after 5 touch ups comes off very easy :wink:

Comment

I can"t believe you have got stonechips already, glad you didn"t let me drive her then. !!!!!!!!!! p.s. i can still watch you from here.

Comment

Paintshield.
                    We're about to install it on our Astra - keeps everything red as it should be

Comment

Originally posted by gemmell
                      I can"t believe you have got stonechips already, glad you didn"t let me drive her then. !!!!!!!!!! p.s. i can still watch you from here.
                      You can watch from there, but you cannot see what we are doing with your car while you are in the sun !!! Hope you are having a good time.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hopefully not getting any stonechips only a week left and then back to the cold. speak to you when i get back.

Comment

Originally posted by gemmell
                          Hopefully not getting any stonechips only a week left and then back to the cold. speak to you when i get back.
                          Enjoy your week it will go quick, you will need your jumpers when you get back, its been around 5 degrees max here
                          sigpic

Comment

just happened to do another trip to Wales again yesterday and dont you just love the grit layers, 3 of the bast*rds on the motorway in a space of about 2 miles sitting in the middles lane and sprayed the crap out of my VXR, so 2 more chips to repair and a job for the maguiars scratch x on the bonnet tomorrow to remove all the small marks, hundred of em.

Comment

If its any consolation its not just VXR's its everything on the market now We do Porsche Gb's management fleet and they could paint the cars themselves

This week alone we have 4 350Z's in for full wings full bonnet and Bumper. The fact is that the problem is only going to get worse from here as Bodyshops will have to use the same paint from end of this year and you will be lucky to get it back home without damage after a respray.

Sorry guys but there is only one way to prevent this that is by putting film on the cars

Cheers

Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X