Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BLUETOOTH AND SATNAV

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BLUETOOTH AND SATNAV

    Can these systems be fitted retro styling..........

    Break downs and part numbers would be fantastic if anyone has done it........

  • #2
    I'd love the bluetooth also. Details if possible.
    Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

    Comment


    • #3
      i had a parrott bluetooth hands free fitted by vaux its ace
      Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by corsasrisilver
        i had a parrott bluetooth hands free fitted by vaux its ace
        CK3100? Where do you have your display panel fixed ?
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          on the silver panel trim just to the right of the air vent looks trick
          Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

          Comment


          • #6
            Hi Ned, the CD70 and bluetooth can be retro fitted cos i have done it.
            The thing is,where are you going to get a CD70 from as they are not cheap...they do pop up on ebay now and again but you need to be 100% sure it has had the security code reset.
            The best way to fit the bluetooth is without the cradle as you dont really need it and it saves a lot of hassle. the plug for the ecu is not available nor is a harness as you need to cut into the can-bus etc.

            If you are really serious about it let me know as i can guide you through the job and let you know what parts are needed.

            Also what phone do you have as a lot of them dont work very well with the system ie slow to load phone book,call list etc. i tested quite a few before i found the Nokia 6280 works perfectly!

            Comment


            • #7
              VXAH,

              I am serious about the bluetooth.

              I already have the CD70 which was factory fitted, however really regret not getting the blue tooth.

              Again like you, I would not want the cradle, so can you please give me the parts I would require and a full guide on how to fit? I have somone I know who can Tech2 when required.

              Thanks for your help,

              Pete

              p.s. I am right in thinking you retrofitted yours yeah?

              Comment


              • #8
                I too likewise would be seriously interested as I got the CD70 as well and wish I had got the bluetooth fitted. As Pete says I'm not bothered about the cradle, just would like the Bluetooth capability. Currently have a Nokia 6280 so shouldn't have problems with connectivity/speeds.

                Comment


                • #9
                  The control unit is expensive at £190 +vat and the mic is about £25.
                  You will have to get your own coax for the mic as its not available from vx,
                  dont use your old hands free kit mic as it wont work but you can use the coax.
                  You need to get a plug for the ecu, i used the heater control plug (not ecc) from a scrap Astra H at the breakers yard,got them to cut it off with as much cable as pos. Then remove the wires and swap them about for a colour /pin match.
                  Following the circuit diagram the unit can be hooked up to the head unit and spliced into the can-bus between head unit and info display.

                  I have to say its not an easy job for the novice but its not impossible!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by PainZ
                    VXAH,

                    I am serious about the bluetooth.

                    I already have the CD70 which was factory fitted, however really regret not getting the blue tooth.

                    Again like you, I would not want the cradle, so can you please give me the parts I would require and a full guide on how to fit? I have somone I know who can Tech2 when required.

                    Thanks for your help,

                    Pete

                    p.s. I am right in thinking you retrofitted yours yeah?
                    Snap OI have the CD 70 in already give details man

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by VXAH
                      The control unit is expensive at £190 +vat and the mic is about £25.
                      You will have to get your own coax for the mic as its not available from vx,
                      dont use your old hands free kit mic as it wont work but you can use the coax.
                      You need to get a plug for the ecu, i used the heater control plug (not ecc) from a scrap Astra H at the breakers yard,got them to cut it off with as much cable as pos. Then remove the wires and swap them about for a colour /pin match.
                      Following the circuit diagram the unit can be hooked up to the head unit and spliced into the can-bus between head unit and info display.

                      I have to say its not an easy job for the novice but its not impossible!
                      **** that BYE BYE warrenty

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        why not get a sun visor mounted device, around £40.00 and it works fine for calls even at speed.

                        also if you have satnav on the phone the voice and sound effect can be amplified through the bluetooth handsfree kit as well.

                        no wiring etc required and it last over 100 hours on standby.

                        you will obviously not void the warranty as well.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by corsasrisilver
                          on the silver panel trim just to the right of the air vent looks trick
                          can we have a pic please, which one did they fit ck3100, 3200 or 3000 or better????

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by VXAH
                            The control unit is expensive at £190 +vat and the mic is about £25.
                            You will have to get your own coax for the mic as its not available from vx,
                            dont use your old hands free kit mic as it wont work but you can use the coax.
                            You need to get a plug for the ecu, i used the heater control plug (not ecc) from a scrap Astra H at the breakers yard,got them to cut it off with as much cable as pos. Then remove the wires and swap them about for a colour /pin match.
                            Following the circuit diagram the unit can be hooked up to the head unit and spliced into the can-bus between head unit and info display.

                            I have to say its not an easy job for the novice but its not impossible!
                            Thanks for the info so far.. Can you get me part numbers?? I don't mind doing the job myself, however the ecu bit has confused me. I guess there is open space in the ecu which is currently empty? I just get another plug which is the same (you used another heater plug) and follow what you said?? Obviously once all install I need it tech2'd???

                            Also, where are you based?? If local a hand would be great.. Obviously I could pay you for you service!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              can we have a pic please, which one did they fit ck3100, 3200 or 3000 or better????


                              ck3100 lcd one mate
                              Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X