X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18s or 19s??

Hi,

I ordered my new motor with 18s as I thought they looked fine, were £600 cheaper, and had heard the car handles better on them.

However I keep looking at cars with the 19s on here and think they look amazing.

When I drove on 18s the car felt more responsive than the one i test drove with 19s on.

So what I need to know is was that my imagination, or is the car more responsive and better handling with 18s rather than 19s??

Thanks

Steve

Don't think there is much in it mate to be honest, you won't be able to tell on normal roads.

I went for 19"s for the looks.
    Astra VXR - Power Red - Antracite 19s - Folding Mirrors - Cruise - ITG filter - Courts red hoses

Comment

car handles better on the 18's...........................

And here come the debate again lol

Comment

only way you will truely be able to tell the difference is to back to back the 2 wheel sizes on a nice fast b-road, 18's are much more forgiving on the cambers and corrigated ruts, corner better and provide more feedback through the steering, general street/motorway the only difference you will notice is every bump and pot hole

18's are more exclusive, every man and his dog has the 19's

Comment

Was all set on the 18's but my mate wen to a vaux dealer yesterday and sent me 2 pics. One of the 18s and one of the 19s, and the 19s d olook better.

But not sure if I can justify the £600 if the make the car handle potentially worse than the 18s.

He said i would regret getting the 18s and always want to upgrade...he recokend they filled the arches better.

Comment

With 18s you will be faster and you will be able to handle your car way better.

But it isn't that much.

If you drive 200 km/h+ you notice that you're coming faster forward with 18s than with 19s. Extremly you notice that with 17s winter rims with 215mm tires.

But if you're not going to race on race tracks, take 19s, they look much better! A VXR with 18s doesn't look that beautiful like a VXR with 19s does.

You have to see it in reality, pictures can't show it.

Comment

18's handle better - 19's are quicker in a straight line...

Comment

Originally posted by Dizzy
                18's handle better - 19's are quicker in a straight line...
                Maybe from 0-60 caus of traction, but on higher tempo they don't!

Comment

Not planning on taking the car on the track. But I am a fan of .er....enthusiastic driving.

I currently own a Civic Type-R and wouldnt want the 19's to make it handle any worse.

But they do look soooooo nice.

Arghhh!

Comment

Also a higher top speed with the 19's...

Comment

Originally posted by gringosteve
                      Not planning on taking the car on the track. But I am a fan of .er....enthusiastic driving.

I currently own a Civic Type-R and wouldnt want the 19's to make it handle any worse.

But they do look soooooo nice.

Arghhh!
                      Astra VXR will handle with 19s much better than a Civic Type R!
                      Don't want to say the Civic is a bad car - it isn't - but the Astra is a lot better.

Comment

Sure? Can't get why...
                        But the way to the top speed takes more time with 19s.

Comment

hmmmm nope, 0-60 only due to the 19's enabling you to hit 60 in second, 18's redline at 58mph in second (in standard form), from then on its evenly matched.

Comment

i'd save your cash and save up for better rim's cos these scuff terrible steve , i'm gonna get a better rim later on in the year with a bit better protection
                            sigpic
                            stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                            M.U.F.C.
                            http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

oh god why do these threads always pop up x

i had 19's and swore by them ( ask Aussie ) and yeah, they seemed quicker in a straight line, however theyre easy to kerb and a begger to clean x so i went for 18's, and i swear by these now instead x

Comment

Working...
                              X