This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rattling Windows

Has anyone else experienc problems with both Nearside and offside glass, mines recenlty started to rattle when slightly open and when I close the drivers window it sounds as though the glass is being stressed. I`ve also noticed you get alot of road noise through both windows, as though the seal isnt fitted fully.

Anyone else had these issues if so HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine rattles, driver side only when abuot 1" to 1 1/2" open. Its potentially 2 problems. Either a lose rivet in the runner itself, needs drilling out and a larger one in, or the mech that raises and lowers the window is over extended slightly and rattles on the door frame. Fix is just abit of dampening material to stop it rattling against the metal

Both are warranty fixes - mines in today for it

Comment

I have the same problem with my drivers window. When i had my service at Thorneys I asked them to look at it. Tech's didnt even take the door card off to look, they just said it would be the runners, and they could replace them but it would happen again after a while, mmmmm Also my rear washer has packed in. Looks like its off to locall vaux to have a look.

Comment

Are we sure about the runner thing? when its open a bit and rattles,check the front of the glass to make sure its not touching the mirror housing and rattling against it. Mine was!

Comment

i figured out mine was hitting the mirror housing a while ago and it bugs the hell out of me, any fixes out there people?

Comment

You can file the mirror case down a bit.......not the best way maybe but it does work!

Comment

Wow so Im not the only person suffering then.

I dont think mines the runners either, the passenger side defiantly appears to be hitting the mirror housing, however I dont know what the drivers window is doing other than annoying the living hell out off me.

I absoulaty love my VXR to bits, however it does appear Vauxhall have been a little lapse daisy on the quality of the build.

Comment

this was a known problem with the earlier models, and newer ones, theres been a few threads about it. vaux will fix it on warrenty

Comment

The wind noise from the drivers window is really bad on mine and when putting the window up and down it sounds like it is sratching against something although there are no marks on the glass, bloody annoying though

Comment

Mine went in yesterday and its come out all fixed. Thanks to Picadors in Chandlers Ford.

Not going to be in it for a while now as i have the company car for abit but it was certainly not rattling this morning on the way in

Comment

Originally posted by lordnikon
                      Mine went in yesterday and its come out all fixed. Thanks to Picadors in Chandlers Ford.

Not going to be in it for a while now as i have the company car for abit but it was certainly not rattling this morning on the way in
                      what did they do,had mine in the stealers today told them about the windows hitting the mirror covers and they said they would raise a case at vauxhall(wont hold my breath about anything getting done)

Comment

vaux will not fix my rattling windows on warrenty ive been on the phone to vaux customer service and everything, they will not do it! how can i fix this problem?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Deedard
                          vaux will not fix my rattling windows on warrenty ive been on the phone to vaux customer service and everything, they will not do it! how can i fix this problem?!?
                          when you find out let me know
                          i am not going to let this lie untill a cure/fix is offerd

Comment

Working...
                          X